Author Topic: Michael Moore fans... A small note from the 911 report for you..  (Read 1550 times)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Michael Moore fans... A small note from the 911 report for you..
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2004, 03:35:42 PM »
skuzzy, i asked you about the movie because I was genuinely interested in your opinion...but you haven't seen it....

there was no need to come back with.."how convenient".."why did you ask me those questions"...

If I had previously known you had not seen the movie I would not have asked you those questions....thats
why I said "IF"...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2004, 03:35:44 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
i have no doubt

that you sir are a ****
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2004, 03:40:16 PM »
skuzzy, i asked you about the movie because I was genuinely interested in your opinion...but you haven't seen it....

there was no need to come back with.."how convenient".."why did you ask me those questions"...

If I had previously known you had not seen the movie I would not have asked you those questions....thats
why I said "IF"...

But I do not have to see it to have an opinion about it.  I like good satire and admire writers than can pull it off, but political satire is just too droll for my tastes.
You made the statement pertaining to no one being able to have an opinion or discuss the movie that has not seen it.  That is simply 'convenient' as it is not true.
Anyone can have an opinion about a movie based solely on the type of movie it is.  If this had been a true documentary, I would have probably gone and seen it as I am interested in our history, be it past or present.
When MM said is was not a documentary and more satire and parody, then I decided not to go see it as that type of movie is not to my liking.

I didn't actually notice anyone discussing the actual contents of the movie.  If I had, I would not commented on that as I have not seen the movie.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2004, 03:52:45 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
How convenient.  

So why were you asking me all those questions?

EDIT:  Question to those who went and saw the movie.  Did you go because you truly believed it was a documentary?  Or was there other motivation?  If so, what was it?

Imagine a world where those who are obediant to tyranny and lies and hate call those whom are not "sheep". No matter how many times the lies are revealed. No matter the cost in lives of those lies and the actions unleashed by them.   Those who question are sheep. Those whom obey I suppose are wolves.

The movie is an attack on the Saudis and their surrogate Bush.  As I hold the Saudis responsible for the attack on 9/11 I am interested in what information he developed about it.

I didnt like columbine because it was so obviosly not talking about some of the centeral issues relating to crime rates and gun control. Some of those issues I was exposed to on these boards.

Is the movie 100% factual. No. It shows many things that happend but as to why they happend, Moore offers his own insights into that. Without proof for much of it. That doenst strip it of the title "documentary" The world at war series offered many opinions as to why things happend. Its still a documentary last time I checked.

Documentarys can offer opinion. Doccumenaries can be propoganda. This movie both is propoganda and offers opinion.
It is propoganda hostile to the Bush regime and the Saudi goverment. It isnt sneaky about it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2004, 03:56:04 PM »
Pongo, all well and good, but Moore himself has stated the movie is a satire/parody.  I am loathe to consider anything in a satire or parody as truth.
In all satire/parody there certainly is an element of truth, but discerning the truth from the satire can be made extremely difficult.
I prefer less bias means to develope an opinion.  Thank you for answering though.  I appreciate it.

EDIT:  I was aware MM had a personal agenda in the movie.  He made that pretty clear.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2004, 04:09:34 PM »
skuzzy, you are correct that f9/11 is a politcal satire and unquestionably not to everyone's taste...as to who decides on it being classified a 'documentary' is something I don't know.

I actually read the quote you pasted earlier about MM saying it was not a documentary somewhere prior to you posting.

What I took offence to was I was trying to be friendly with you and interested in your opinion...i felt, before your explanation, that you were being derisive. Because of my opinion of this movie I get crap handed to me daily and that makes it easy to 'expect the worse' from some on this bbs.

In conclusion, there is more to me than my political view of this movie, this war, this president. I am not one 'to throw the baby out with the bath water'. The individuals who can get past 'our' difference in prespectives on these few issues are those with whom I will continue to nurture and hopefully forge friendships.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 04:16:23 PM by xrtoronto »

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »
Because of my opinion of this movie I get crap handed to me daily and that makes it easy to 'expect the worse' from some on this bbs.

Trust me, that's not the reason.  But you know that already.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2004, 04:15:15 PM »
xrt, I respect others opinions, even when they are completely opposite of my own.

If you try to curtail my ability to express my opinion, I will not take it lightly.  Thus the comment I made.

Everyone forms opinions in thier own time and in thier own manner.  Who is to say which way is right or wrong?  Or if there is a right or wrong?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2004, 04:18:32 PM »
Originally posted by Stringer
Trust me, that's not the reason.  But you know that already.

so..explain

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2004, 04:19:20 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Pongo, all well and good, but Moore himself has stated the movie is a satire/parody.  I am loathe to consider anything in a satire or parody as truth.
In all satire/parody there certainly is an element of truth, but discerning the truth from the satire can be made extremely difficult.
I prefer less bias means to develope an opinion.  Thank you for answering though.  I appreciate it.

EDIT:  I was aware MM had a personal agenda in the movie.  He made that pretty clear.

Asking the questions you need to ask labels you as biased. Answering those questions labels you as a traitor, coward or sheep.  Good luck finding that unbiased opinion. My bet is you will never ask those questions. But thats just my guess. And what does a sheep like me know about anything anyway?

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2004, 04:21:44 PM »
so..explain

You claim to be a bright person, it should be self-explanatory, if you take an introspective look.

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2004, 04:23:21 PM »
not possible for me to know what it is you see when you view me

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2004, 04:24:13 PM »
You are making a lot of assumptions.  Everyone has thier own way Pongo.  It would be arrogant to think yours is better than someone else's.

The media is a bias.  It cannot help but be bias.  I put as much stock into MM's opinions as I would yours or anyone elses.

Some things are publicly available, such as voting records.  I consider those a valuable tool in forming an opinion about politicians.
I will not presume to know how you form an opinion, I ask like treatment in return.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2004, 04:28:57 PM »
skuzzy, you are correct that f9/11 is a politcal satire and unquestionably not to everyone's taste...as to who decides on it being classified a 'documentary' is something I don't know.

What it seems to be ... in AHBBville ... is your reason for living. Hell, if you don't start a new Michael Moore thread every other day, it's a miracle. I'm actually surprised you didn't start this one (with a different slant). Which was the whole point about my satirical thread about you and Michael Moore .... which you figured was about trailer parks ... and Habu dove head-first into with his chihuahua theory ... all afoam at the mouth.

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2004, 04:35:52 PM »
arlo...that's not completely fair is it?

in the past couple of days I initiated several different threads...one about 'your fav actor/actress', where I started off with a poster of James Cagney.
Another one was the big news of a $6B merger between our own molson beer co. with your coors. and i can't remember but i think there was a third one too...and they are only in the past 72 hrs.

...i remember..the other one was patti davis re: f9/11, but i still think there was a fourth thread...