Author Topic: Setting Convergence  (Read 222 times)

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Setting Convergence
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:18:08 AM »
It's very difficult to set convergence. You don't see the actual digits or they are blinking. You don't see the weapon type.
And why are the the planes so far away in a hangar corner making it even more difficult?
I would prefer a simple table with check boxes or a dropdown list.
Or as a compromise: a top down view.

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Setting Convergence
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 10:43:02 AM »
I agree. The convergence setting page in AHI worked fine. I'm not sure why they changed it, but the AHII one is awful.
All in all the AHII hangar is a step backward from the AHI hangar. I wish they had left a good thing alone and just reused the AHI type hangar.

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Setting Convergence
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 12:03:52 PM »
To be honest: I wasn't happy with the AH1 hanger either.
I understand that HT sticks to his traditions. That is: every part of the game is a "full reality simulation".
My suggestion is: As soon as you leave the tower and go to the battlefield (in whatever role) you are in a "full reality simulation". As long as you aren't in the battlefield just give us the desktop of a technical officer. Don't simulate the TO as a person but simulate his instruments (technical sheets).
A good example in AH2 is the E6B. It's clean and simple. It's the proof that HT can do it!:D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 06:30:10 AM by Zwerg »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Setting Convergence
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 04:03:44 PM »
I find it very annoying that the damn tower radio screen blocks out all the arming options on the right side of the screen. Most of the time I can't select wing-loaded armaments. It's a real hassle to then move the clipboard, THEN the "who's here" screen, THEN pick a munition, then move the clipboard back THEN pick other options, THEN bring clipboard back out to pick a runway.

I really detest the new hangar. Too damn hard to get what I want, get out, and get going. And for a guy like me, who wants even MORE options, it will only get worse as AH2 improves