Author Topic: New Smoker  (Read 290 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
New Smoker
« on: August 13, 2004, 08:26:18 PM »
I'm looking at a new smoker and was wondering if anyone had any experience w/ this one.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4089&dept=5428&product_id=1978617&path=0%3A5428%3A4089%3A4884

I'm leaning towards it because it looks like its easier to use being propane and all (that's the hardest part for me with charcoal)

Just wondering if anyone has used one.

EDIT FOR NASH:

The above walmart link is for reference only.  I will not be buying it there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 08:37:29 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
New Smoker
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 08:31:32 PM »
Don't support Walmart.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
New Smoker
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:35:56 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Don't support Walmart.

You're kinda leaving us hanging here, Nash.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
New Smoker
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 08:38:16 PM »
Don't support Walmart.

arent you supposed to be on probation or something ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
New Smoker
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 09:11:57 PM »
No experience with those. It'll probably work.

My only comment is I used one of those little iron boxes for the wood chips on my gas grill a few times. Didn't work worth diddle because the chips burned up too fast and didn't put out much smoke.

If they solved that, you should be OK.

BTW, you know they have electric El Cheapo Brinkmanns, right? Even the "Gourmet" model is available in electric. Even easier than propane.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
New Smoker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 09:14:07 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
No experience with those. It'll probably work.

My only comment is I used one of those little iron boxes for the wood chips on my gas grill a few times. Didn't work worth diddle because the chips burned up too fast and didn't put out much smoke.

If they solved that, you should be OK.

BTW, you know they have electric El Cheapo Brinkmanns, right? Even the "Gourmet" model is available in electric. Even easier than propane.

yea I was thinking about that as well.  They make the adapter for the elcheapo that I have for like 29.00.  

I wouldnt think the chips burned up so fast in one of those if you soaked them down good enough.  Ty for the info though.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
New Smoker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 09:20:48 PM »
I soaked the doo-dah out of them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
New Smoker
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »
I've had one of these for about 15 years .

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=200017427&SearchEngine=msn&SearchTerm=200017427&Type=PI&Category=Sports&dcaid=17193

Its made countless batches of smoked fish (smelt and salmon) and venison jerky and has held up just fine. Pretty cheap to.

blkmgc
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
New Smoker
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 12:33:20 PM »
Don't support Walmart.

I second that.