Author Topic: pull the trigger disco bug  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
pull the trigger disco bug
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2004, 06:18:39 AM »
Originally posted by JB35
~S~ All AHII Beta Testers
Happened to me for the first time in SE flying the Val . Saturday , hit trigger and next thin i saw was my desktop , hmmmmmmm  id say bring back AHI till all the bugs are fixed in AHII , but thats me.

yup.........give people a choice

a normal AHII arena, or a AHI arena with lets say a 100 player limit
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 08:32:13 AM »
I just was in the MA...In formation B17s over nme CV...Puffy ack....F4F fired about 6 or 8 rounds in me..I jumped to the gun..lined em up..squeezed the trigger.. and INSTANT CTD!!@!!
FIX THIS FRIKIN GAME!!!!!@  :P
I was a little steamed while typing :D

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 09:25:49 AM »
Did everyone reporting this CTD i.e. On first triger pull, change arenas before it happened?

HiTech

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 09:34:34 AM »
hmm i dont remeber it being only when i first logged into the ma.

but on my last encounter in a tiger i had just logged into the ma and upped tiger and drove all the way out to the spawn point before fireing off my first shell and thats a long ways:cool:

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 09:38:26 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
Did everyone reporting this CTD i.e. On first triger pull, change arenas before it happened?

HiTech

Might not be worth anything, but...

Having had the arena switch/CTD hit me last week, I made sure that my squad all completely exited the game before coming into the SEA before squad ops. Then, as soon as we were airborn, I had everyone test fire their guns. We didn't suffer any CTDs.

After Squad Ops, we returned to the MA, and at least one of my guys didn't back all the way out and suffered a CTD at first trigger pull.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 11:08:15 AM »

HiTech

that would explain my CTD's when i *change* to CT arena, but normaly no, i go straight to MA, sometimes its the first round i shoot in the 1st plane, sometimes its the 2nd plane, sometimes its the 10th plane, but it WILL happen at least once a day to me :(
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 11:08:27 AM »

HiTech

The two times it's happened to me were on the first hop after I'd switched from the CT and SEA to the MA.

First time the guys were tellin me about it on VOX so I pulled the trigger and fired a couple of rounds. There was a delay--long enough for me to say "well I'm still....." Klunk! CTD.

Second time was just this past Friday night after the FSO. Left the SEA for the MA. Flew quite a while, lined up on a low Spit, squeezed the trigger--klunk!

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 12:00:03 PM »
Hitech, this has been happening to me as well. Started with patch 6. (not sure if its the patch, but never had this happen prior).
In reference to your question about switching arena's, it just happened to me again, and yes I did just hop out of ma and enter TA. It happened on first pull of trigger, and with a mossie.

IIRC this does seem to happen with me on first pull of trigger after entering an arena (but I am not 100% sure....I will watch for it and report).

cheers,

RTR
The Damned

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 12:25:01 PM »

HiTech

Has only happened to me after I switch arenas. In AH1 used to happen when I hit "fly" from the clipboard after a switch, now it happens when I pull the trigger.

-Soda

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 01:45:26 PM »

HiTech

No, it happened after playing in the MA for quite a while.

I had a situation where I was in a panzer and pulled the trigger, the screen froze showing the muzzle flash. I had to hard reset my machine.

This has only happened to me 3 times, 2 in plane, 1 in pnzr.

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
la
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 02:15:24 PM »
happens to me too, pull trigger and boom. not so much here as of late though

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 03:44:25 PM »
Just noticed when I got back into MA from SEA..

Haven't had it happen to me since then. Maybe I'll try jumping arenas and see if that causes it to happen again.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 05:02:47 PM »
MA is the only Arena i fly in these days.
First trigger Pull in that plane...But not that session.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2004, 06:01:29 PM »

HiTech

I can't recall the circumstances of the first CDT I had, but last night it did occur on my first sortie after leaving the TA.

My  regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 08:46:58 PM »
Originally posted by Scrap
Just did it offline in a Tempest.  2nd time for me ever.  This is on a fresh DL of AHII.

Hitech...  Don't want to toot my own horn here by quoting myself, but...

This happens both offline and online.  It has only occured to me only in a D9 in the MA.  I rarely switch arenas (only off to SEA every once in a friday).   I have had 3 trigger related CTDs in the last week or so.  Each time they result in a wierd "collapsing of the screen." Like someone is shutting curtains horizontally on the game.