Author Topic: Great Job Lance Armstrong!  (Read 838 times)

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Great Job Lance Armstrong!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2004, 06:03:27 PM »
I heard that people were spitting at him when he crossed the finish line. WTF?!, is that true?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 06:15:51 PM »
I think it's pretty interesting to watch.  Of course I'm unemployed right now so I have too much free time.   Usually I TiVo it and skip through the first hour or two, keeping track of any breaks.  If there is anybody important in the break or if the field is catching them then I watch the last hour or so.  Some of the stage finishes this year were awesome, as good as anything in auto racing as far as the strategy and timing involved.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 06:20:29 PM »
No link, but its from Reuters.

L'ALPE D'HUEZ, France (Reuters) - Tour de France director Jean-Marie Leblanc has admitted he had seen fans spit at five-times champion Lance Armstrong during the 15.5-km time trial to L'Alpe d'Huez.

Leblanc also said the swarming crowds on the twisting climb on Wednesday had frightened him as riders, including Armstrong, were forced to weave through excited fans who jumped out on to the road.

"I was scared too and I felt relieved when we reached the section with barriers," Leblanc told Reuters after stage winner Armstrong described the stage as a "bad idea" and hit out at some German fans.

"Until this morning, everybody thought this time trial was a good idea and now we realised it was not so.

"There were lots of aggressive fans surrounding the riders and I even saw two idiots spit at Lance Armstrong."

"Unfortunately I doubt you can put barriers on the 14 kilometres of the climb," he added.

Armstrong, who stormed to victory nearly a minute ahead of his closest challenger Jan Ullrich and now looks set for a record sixth Tour win, urged organisers to think seriously about holding another time trial at the ski resort.

"I don't know if that's such a good thing for the Tour de France. I don't think it's safe. I think organisers should watch out," said the American.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 06:23:06 PM »
Also, found this:

:mad:

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004, 06:27:51 PM »
Originally posted by hawker238
Also, found this:

:mad:

It seems to be contagious.  Just this morning I saw german Schumacher fans celebrating as Raikkonen had a wing failure and very hard crash.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 06:37:06 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Just amazing what performance enhancing drugs can do.  

to Lance for having the courage to take those drugs.

:rolleyes: Your gonna be a sweet ole man:rolleyes:
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2004, 08:23:48 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
WTFG Lance! :cool:

and a big fat FINGER to the POS Germans who spit on him! :mad:

no need to call them germans. call them *******s. calling them germans is an insult to germans. assigning nationality here makes no sense.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2004, 08:24:57 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Just amazing what performance enhancing drugs can do.  

to Lance for having the courage to take those drugs.

you dont think there is insane scrutiny on ever rider there due to recent scandals?

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2004, 09:34:27 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
no need to call them germans. call them *******s. calling them germans is an insult to germans. assigning nationality here makes no sense.

Except for the fact that they were German.  They said on the news some French had done the same thing too.  Big fat finger to them too.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2004, 10:14:17 PM »
Except for the fact that they were German.  They said on the news some French had done the same thing too.  Big fat finger to them too.

Way to help the problem Udie! :)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2004, 10:16:53 PM »

thats like saying that because our olympic basketball team is a bunch of glory whoring me first punks that every american is a glory whoring me first punk. thats like saying that because theres american white superemacist losers scattered in almost all fifty states that americans are white supremacist. being an ahole is not a trait derived through nationality.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2004, 10:19:29 PM »

thats the mindset that caused a bunch of guys to volunteer to charge mgs from trenchlines in first world war. "join up the huns are bayonetting babies in belgium and germanys got to be crushed because its a nation of baby stickers!".

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 12:22:52 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
yeah , nothing like watching fake "stock cars" drive in circles for four hours, now thats exciting.

Did I give you the impression I liked watching that?  'Cause I don't, although I do like watching them crash on the news.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2004, 12:34:59 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
yeah , nothing like watching fake "stock cars" drive in circles for four hours, now thats exciting.

Fool.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 12:39:30 AM »
Creamo, 1/2 point!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!