Author Topic: Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl  (Read 1902 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2004, 12:29:25 PM »
ok

:)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2004, 12:35:04 PM »
damn you.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2004, 01:00:46 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Hockey?? A MAN'S game?? Give me a break- hockey is for frustrated figure skaters. Real men play baseball, football or basketball- or get into pro wrestling.

I'll tell you something else, Whale Breath- if there were any money in hockey, the way there is in other professional sports, nobody would have ever heard of Wayne Gretsky. He'd be carving little totem poles to sell to the tourists off the cruise ships.

So.... hockey players aren't real men because there's no money in their sport?  Name another sport where you can kick someones ass, take a two minute break, then get back in the game.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2004, 04:01:52 PM »

This photo appeared in a story in this week's Sporting News. In the article, the author notes,
"News reports indicated that Kerry, in anticipation of the great honor , had practiced throwing pitches to aides. If so, those aides would have well served their man by saying, 'Er, sir, maybe we should have Teresa do it.'

As Kerry came out tof the Red Sox dugout to do the first-pitch honors, he carried the ball in a way that foreshadowed the achievement to come. He carried it pressed against his palm with his fingers wrapped all the way around it. Kerry didn't go all the way to the mound. Perhaps he took a touch of advice from aides who had seen him warm up. He stopped maybe 45 feet from home plate. From there he threw the first pitch. I say 'threw' in the kindest possible way.

Here's what Kerry did: He raised his right arm to its full height. From up there, in an athletic movement seldom seen on a baseball field, he let the stiffened arm fall forward. At the same time, he splayed open his fingers in a way that allowed the ball to fall out. It bumped against the ground short of the catcher and in the right hand batter's box...

President Bush threw a World Series strike from 60 feet, 6 inches while wearing body armor the month after 9/11. And he threw another strike opening this season in St. Louis. So if we need a fastball at Osama bin Laden's ear, I know which guy I want on the mound."

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2004, 07:56:51 PM »
That's it, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!  The election is decided.  Kerry's dirt dobber vs. W's cruise missile.  Dems can try again in 2008 -- Hillary surely can do better.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2004, 09:07:53 PM »
If he throws grenades that well, I know how he was wounded.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2004, 10:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
If he throws grenades that well, I know how he was wounded.

Sig material... almost enough to knock off Grun and Boroda.  ;)

Offline AWCHKRS

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2004, 08:44:30 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Stick Bush and Kerry in a ring with gloves, Bush would knock that wimp out within the first 30 seconds.

Ya , Then Kerry find a way to BS his way into  receiving  another Purple Hart ! ..... and  what ever else he could get out of it ......
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 08:48:37 AM by AWCHKRS »

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2004, 10:32:54 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Hockey?? A MAN'S game?? Give me a break- hockey is for frustrated figure skaters. Real men play baseball, football or basketball- or get into pro wrestling.

I'll tell you something else, Whale Breath- if there were any money in hockey, the way there is in other professional sports, nobody would have ever heard of Wayne Gretsky. He'd be carving little totem poles to sell to the tourists off the cruise ships.

lmao You must be joking..