Author Topic: AH vs. WW2OL  (Read 543 times)

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2001, 05:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding:
The way I see it, the publishers threatened to pull their deal unless it was released. Hence the rushed state, the lack of open beta etc.

But the short-term boost in funds is just that. How many people will subscribe (the real money-spinning part of the enterprise), even if they don't return the game for a refund.

Things could still go very much tits-up at CRS.

But on the positive side, the game has huge potential, and is a great idea. But to expect people to have 1 GHz systems with 512 Mb of RAM and a cable modem just to connect is ridiculous. But I expect this to be addressed within a month - it has to be their highest priority.

20,000 sold (this number has been passed around on the WW2O UBB, don't know if it's true.)is a good start and gives them $800,000
to buy the servers they needed to start with. But I feel sorry for the 80,000 suckers who'll go to the store and see min. requirements of P2 450 and 33.3bps connection and 128 megs of ram. Then when trying to connect, have to download 200 megs of the game that wasn't included on the CD to play. As it stands now, the CD off the shelf is usless...the day it was released. A 70 meg download isn't a patch to fix a few bugs....it just wasn't included in the production run. And you can bet it will get bigger.....soon.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2001, 06:02:00 PM »
GIJeff,

Can you explain step by step how you got your hat views working?  Quite a few people including myself are having problems with this.  

bowser

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2001, 06:13:00 PM »
The problem with the hat views is that the file the keymapper saves the views to is write protected.
Go to the following folder C:\Playnet\CRS\WW2OL\data\kgm\nonveh and select properties on the file called views or views.kgm. turn off the write protect on the file and the keymapper will work.
I think the path above is for a default installation, so it may be different on your PC.

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2001, 10:27:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

The process to map the keys goes on in the key mapper button on the vehicle selection, but first you have to make ALL the KGM files writeable, some are hidden in another folder and you have to find them all or it won't work.  After that it is easy, you just click on the existing map, ie. numpad 7, and then click the hat switch in the direction you need that function mapped to.  If you are like me you might have to try a few times on the diagonal ones, keep hitting the wrong one, duh.  If you do it in the views tab it is global.

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2001, 11:25:00 PM »
Yeah that "French Thingie" (Hawk 75 = P-36) is predecessor of Curtiss P-40, Only big difference to Warhawk/Tomahawk (Allison engine) is its radial engine (Pratt&Whitney)  :)
(Also FAF did use them)

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

Bump!  I can't find the post so bumping it back up on the list.

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Offline Obear

• Zinc Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
Hey guys, well i am just amazed that WWIIonline was released when it was so under tested at high load levels.

Hope that the bad publicity will not damadge thier ability to follow this though and get it working.

Yep i agree will all stated so far, the Flying aspect of the game is limited, although i do like the nice little effects like the slideing canopys and the sounds of gun fire wizzing past your head  :)

Looks like a great game with huge potental, it just need far more testing and developing

Either way, if WWiionline dose get better i still will hold on to my AH account, the best Flight sim by far  :)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
Excellent summary, GIJeff, thanks much.  Since my main interest is flightsim, I remain ecstatic about AH, my all-time favorite computer recreation.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2001, 11:19:00 AM »
Anybody figured out the command or setting to display frame rate (fps)?

bowser

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
num lock

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
New map out
 http://sfi2.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/003114.html

Running , ducks head   :eek:
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
AH vs. WW2OL
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »
Thanks Fatty.  Wouldn't you know it, tried every key combination, but forgot about the numpad section.   :)

bowser