Author Topic: Is this game worth it?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 10:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud
...I still think its a dam shame HTC doesnt have Offline AI missions.

BiGB

BGBMAW

Yeah... I miss those practice offline missions from AW. I loved flying that A-12(?) mission against the German column before they made it through the "gap".

Offline freedom1

• Zinc Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 12:51:39 PM »
:aok  This game better than any other online sim around.
Best graphics and help is no problem when you ask, problem may be too much help.
Everybody has their on way but practice, practice, practice is the only thing that will help you become better.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 06:34:46 AM »
This game is fun but it can be frustrating.

Spend the time to get your equipment setup. You may find you need to setup up your views and not just the standard look right and left, etc. You also need to setup your stick to suit your style of flying.

You may think of this game as a very fast moving chess match. You enter the fight with a few moves already set in your mind. A split second later all of that goes out the window and you've taken the attack in a new direction.  Or, you're on the defensive.

Spend some time in the training arena. Have a trainer assess your skills and perhaps provide some pointers.

Then, join a squad. There are many who are always in the recruiting mode. But, be picky. Join one who exhibit the same interests you feel you want out of the game. They are out there.
There are squads that have been in existence since '87. Long lasting friendships are made within the community.

It's all there.  Just show up and start having some fun.

Ren

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 06:56:07 PM »
yup
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 09:23:49 AM »
Not worth it... And I should know.. I've been playing it for 5 years now..........

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 04:38:52 PM »
And make sure you turn "Off" the 'stall limiter'.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Is this game worth it?
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 04:54:19 PM »
Good God man you're asking a group of people sitting in their underwear, drinking beer, ignoring wives and children, upgrading their computers continuously, purchasing large qtys of reading material from Amazon late at night so that they can fly imaginary cartoon planes in an imaginary war!!

It's not like you're going to get a sensible answer or anything.

storch

Is this game worth it?
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2004, 07:35:58 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Good God man you're asking a group of people sitting in their underwear, drinking beer, ignoring wives and children, upgrading their computers continuously, purchasing large qtys of reading material from Amazon late at night so that they can fly imaginary cartoon planes in an imaginary war!!

It's not like you're going to get a sensible answer or anything.

Indeed!!!