Author Topic: Upcoming changes to the Combat Theatre  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Upcoming changes to the Combat Theatre
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 01:42:49 PM »
The idea of any contest/prize is to entice OTHER/NEW players into the Combat Theatre, not existing players.  No vote will be forth coming to the members, besides, I expect a CT member to win it.

ANYHOW IMM GLAD TAHT THIS THREAD WAS HIJAK3D BY FURBAL ONLY ON TEH SAVENTH REPLY! THX FURBAL - U CUD OF MAED IT A DIF3R3NT THREAD. :)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 01:44:37 PM »
?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 01:45:38 PM »
LOL sorry, i didnt mean to.  i came here with good intentions... but dweebjay is a bad influence on me.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 01:45:49 PM »
YAAH FURBAL U RETARD!!!!!1!! OMG
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 04:00:01 PM »
Personally I don't think this Ace thing will be that big of a success but then again i have seen stranger things happen.

One of the reasons that the numbers are so low right now is the bugs. (personal opinion)  

How about this a sort of popup message in the MA, TA, & DA. It could say something like this "System Come enjoy historical setups in the Combat Theatre" If this is fessible it could popup say every ten minutes or something like that. This maybe a stupid idea but some of the people who play the game don't even come the bbs and so they don't even see Arlo's banners.

I know from playing in the MA once in awhile that there are people in there who have never even heard of the CT.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 04:23:23 PM by memnon »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Upcoming changes to the Combat Theatre
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 04:07:22 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
a) Top Ace Contest
We are mulling over a TOP ACE contest for the  Combat Theatre. Still need to work out deails and talk to the owners but it's coming.  It'll probably be based on kills with a weight based on your kill/death ratio.  I.e. 100 kills, K/D is 2.0, score is 200. 100 kills, K/D is 4.5 score is 450.

...well....just as a thought, for example....will there be an award for lowest ace...?

b) Guidelines and Regulations for CT Staff positions
No longer will the CT staff self appoint positions to run the CT.  We are working on the details, perhaps even elections for all spots.  Guidelines and regulations for staff are going to be put into place on how we, as CT admins, govern the arena. This includes mandatory flying hours requirments (you gotta fly in the Ct to be an admin), and regulations on how elections are handled, and how to manage the community.  More to follow.

There you go, Bug.  

Wonder if there will be campaigns now....

- oldman

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Upcoming changes to the Combat Theatre
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 04:43:05 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
Wonder if there will be campaigns now....

- oldman

I'm going on record now:

My Vote can be bought.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 06:40:02 PM »
lol, until last night I had 46 kills and a death ratio of 13.something. I got totaly board and started flying through hangers upsidedown in the spit with neg g ENGINE CUT-OUT! Killed myself a few times :rofl :rofl :rofl  I even chased a Bf-110 in his ack and died :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »
i SEE YOU MAGGOTS FOUND TEH OLD DIALECTIZER SITE 4ND DECIDED I TMADE GOOD COE.. st1ll ,,, olololollololololo whasts yor najor malffunnction, proiavTe??????????????????? HACK HE PAL|\|NAT!!!!!!!!111~~ wh4t??????? lolooolo... sounoff liek u have soem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 DON"T PUUL7 THIS AHXRO STUFF 0N ME!!!!!!!!!!!111~~~~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1~~~~~ OLOOLOLOLOLOLLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1~~~ Ei/\/\ 0ntO yourW aR3Z... DROP AND GIVE EM FUGGIN 02~~~ YOUI SUKC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11~~~~ OLOLO...

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2004, 08:28:48 PM »
:eek:
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 11:01:06 PM »
b) Guidelines and Regulations for CT Staff positions
No longer will the CT staff self appoint positions to run the CT. We are working on the details, perhaps even elections for all spots. Guidelines and regulations for staff are going to be put into place on how we, as CT admins, govern the arena. This includes mandatory flying hours requirments (you gotta fly in the Ct to be an admin), and regulations on how elections are handled, and how to manage the community. More to follow.
Who is on the CT staff currently? Are you talking about electing each other for different CT staff positions? Or how you select new CT staff members?
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 11:49:28 PM »
Hum i just got an idea.  campaigns i like the idea.  I propose this type of Campaign.

1 Months we do the ETO theatre.  
BoB 1/2 week
North Afrika 1/2 week
Channel dash 1/2 week
DDay 1/2 week
Russian Offensive. 1/2 week
Battle of the bulge.  1/2 week
Mid March Western front. 1/2 week.
Battle for berlin.  1/2 week

Then we go to pac for a month. (hawg boys go crazy)
Battle for midway 1/2 week
Corral Seaa 1/2 week (gawd forbid)
Early Salmon island 1/2 week
late Salmon island (Hog included) 1/2 week
Burma 1/2 week
Battle for the Phillenes 1/2 week (hog)
Burma Late 1/2 week
Okinawa (ackinawa whatever.) (Chog) (maybe -4 for major perks)

Then the next moth we do misc.
Free CM pick.
Free CM pick.
FinRus.
Stalins Suprise (Grits)

Personally i would love that
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 11:06:01 AM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 10:41:43 AM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"b) Guidelines and Regulations for CT Staff positions
No longer will the CT staff self appoint positions to run the CT. We are working on the details, perhaps even elections for all spots. Guidelines and regulations for staff are going to be put into place on how we, as CT admins, govern the arena. This includes mandatory flying hours requirments (you gotta fly in the Ct to be an admin), and regulations on how elections are handled, and how to manage the community. More to follow. "

I'm sure TheBug will have some fascinating commentary to add here.
Unfortunately he is away this week serving as a diplomatic liason to France for her majesty the Queen. I expect he will return Friday full of "piss and vinegar". ;)

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

storch

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 11:47:58 AM »
Originally posted by Skyfoxx
"b) Guidelines and Regulations for CT Staff positions
No longer will the CT staff self appoint positions to run the CT. We are working on the details, perhaps even elections for all spots. Guidelines and regulations for staff are going to be put into place on how we, as CT admins, govern the arena. This includes mandatory flying hours requirments (you gotta fly in the Ct to be an admin), and regulations on how elections are handled, and how to manage the community. More to follow. "

I'm sure TheBug will have some fascinating commentary to add here.
Unfortunately he is away this week serving as a diplomatic liason to France for her majesty the Queen. I expect he will return Friday full of "piss and vinegar". ;)

He may have some commentaries to be sure but they will fascinate no one.  It will be war with france then, good news.  I will enlist in the RCAF in anticipation.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 12:27:06 PM »
Looks like a "Vote Bug" campaign may become an actuality. Now it just remains to see if it becomes a certainty. :D