Author Topic: D3derr_invalid  (Read 528 times)

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« on: July 18, 2004, 10:32:10 PM »
Hi y'all. I have been suffering for weeks with  screen freezees followed by the error message: D3DERR_INVALID. I upped my ram, in installed a new ATI 9600 video card, and I installed a Soundblaster Audigy LS sound card. I still get the freezes and error message. Is it perhaps a connection issue? When we went to AH2  I went to DSL instead of dial-up. I never had a problem with dial-up, could it be my connection with DSL? Help anyone!

BBaw      bk5str@verizon.net
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, and you can pick your banjo. But you can't pick your friend's banjo with your nose.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:08:02 AM »
Reinstalled DX9 ?

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3DERR_INVALID
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 02:11:56 AM »
I have installed new ATI 9600 video, Soundblaster Audigy LS,
I have reinstalled DX9 several times, I have updated all new drivers several times, and I have tried Omega drivers. I'm running XP, Pentium 4, 512 ram.  I STILL get error message: D3DERR_INVALID.

BBaw
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, and you can pick your banjo. But you can't pick your friend's banjo with your nose.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 09:00:46 AM »
You get that message when?

HiTech

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 01:24:21 PM »
Howdy,
First the screen freezes, then it turns white for a few seconds, then the error message occurs. When I click on it the screen stays white until I Ctrl-Esc which returns my cursor along with Start window. Aces High is STILL running according to task manager so I Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up task manager window and shut it down. If I click on AH in the bottom screen menu I am returned to frozen view from my plane and nothing works so I manually shut down the computer.

Sometimes I get the message the first time I try to fly. Sometimes it comes after several minutes of flight or when I'm changing fields in the tower. Last night it occured as I was quitting AH.

Thanks,
BBaw

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 01:29:40 PM »
You might look at this link for a bit of background. Same Error. Different video card. Different game. But it will give you some directions to try.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 01:33:43 PM »
Shot in the dark, but check what your desk top color quality is.

My first try would be to find a driver cleaner and reinstall the video drivers.

Could also be a screen saver running in back ground.

HiTech

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 03:14:51 AM »
No screensavers running. I minimized icons on desktop. No wallpaper, just stock blue background. I hid the task bar.
Reinstalled drivers again. First flight was long enough to get one kill :)    then the screen froze a few minutes later.
Don't know what to do. Tested everything in dxdiag--everything works properly.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 02:30:55 PM »
i got this error today.....

5 times in a row it happend, then just as i was about to scream like a baby girl, it worked. I had to resetup the gfx options in the game though.... rather odd because NOTHING had changed
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 03:15:43 AM »
Bummer.....I spent many hours today with a computer tech friend of mine. He erased my hard drive and installed everything from the bottom up: XP, MS updates, ATI drivers, Soundblaster drivers, AH2 that I had saved on a disc. I still get the D3Derr_Invalid error message with a dump.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 04:12:20 AM »
I have a similar system with a ATI 9800 Pro.  If I were you I would uninstall the omega driver and use the Catalyst 4.7's in their place.  I couldnt discern any real difference between them FPS wise anyway, but I started getting all sorts of problems with stuttering, CTD's and draw times when I installed the Omega drivers.  When I binned them and went back to the Cat 4.7's, not a problem since.

Give it a run and see how you go. My moneys on the Omega's as the source of your grief.

GL

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 12:25:26 PM »
hhmmmm, the last time I tried to fly I got the error message before I could even take off. Now I find my Precision Pro stick doesn't work. It worked for almost 2 years or so with XP home version.  Now with XP pro it doesn't.

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 10:59:18 PM »
I continue to have this problem with the same message.
Skuzzy had say dx prob, so from then i have reinstall dx some times.Nothing. New clean install AHII. Nothing.
The only change i shaw was after the last (6) patch witch indeed
have make some good. I now CTD every half hour, sometimes 1,before was every 5 min.
Until yesterday witch without i change something, i ctd every 10 min.  9800XT.
(video drivers have nothing to do with this prob).
I suspect sound problems.

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 11:16:29 PM »
Occasionally I'll get a Virus Protection update pop-up which closes AH2 to the task bar--usually during a turnfite or landing :)  I click on the update, then the AH2 task bar, and I return to the arena.
Could my virus protection program which is constantly running be interferring with AH and causing my screen freeze/dumps?

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
D3derr_invalid
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 01:08:49 AM »
I found out how to make my Precision Pro stick work.
I still get the freeze with error message. Sometimes my monitor reports it is not getting a signal.
I am going to replace my power supply with a 360 watt.
Possibly the new video and sound cards are sucking more juice than my system can deliver.