Author Topic: Emil Lang's 190A-5  (Read 954 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« on: July 27, 2004, 11:23:40 PM »
been workin on this plane for a while and i think im almost finnished with it. its Emil "Bully" Lang's  Fw190A-5 when he was in 5./JG 54, Siverskaja/Russia, May, 1943. couldnt find alot of pics but i think i got it. anyone have any comments on what i could do to improve it before i submit it.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 11:51:07 PM »
pretty god sir
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 02:39:11 AM »
thanks

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 03:51:26 AM »
Maybe some weathering?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 12:51:15 PM »
You're missing the green heart. JG54 was Grünherz. Or the appropriate group badge instead of a green heart :)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 02:08:15 PM »
yea thats the last thing im ganna do on it

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 08:03:22 PM »
yall see anything else i can improve on?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 08:18:46 PM »
Just a couple of aesthetic suggestions:

Don't make the ailerons/elevators such a lighter shade. It's distracting.

Also, is it possible at all to make the colors less "hard" in definition? I mean can they "blend" together at the edges more?

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 08:22:37 PM »
they can but thats not how his plane was they wernt blended in the were just painted like that ( oh and looked and alot of pic of Emils plane and none of them have the JG54 insignea on them)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 08:26:38 PM »
Truekill skin looks good.  Majority of the details folks see/look for are as follows: Panel line width/brightness,  rivet width/brightness, pixelated areas, natural surface textures (cloth style/metal style) and weathering that has too much or too little noise in it (variation of opacity, color, and fading).

By the last one when I say noise smoke and dirt will fade obviously more in some areas than in others.  Each type of build up will also have a different color variation to it.  Smoke coming from guns will typically have a grayish black tint with fading on the sides coming to a tip at the end.  Exhaust smoke can be a blcakish grey also with a hint of brown or to it.  Best thing to do is find some decent photos with that type of bird and compare between a few to see common areas that collect these different dirt and smoke.  

The P-51D has a really distinctive area between the flaps and ailerons that tends to collect dirt and grime.  In the end it seems to show three distinctive spots of wear.  One at the absolute corner of the ailerons/flaps and then one on each side of the flaps upper and outboard areas.  These three areas are only about 6 inches or so apart.  If you connected the dots they'd make an almost perfect triangle.  It also has distinctive areas along the trim tabs on both the ailerons and horizontal stabs where the control rods are.

These are just some things to keep in mind.  The more detail the better in some cases.  Paint jobs aren't always perfect.  They have overspray, multiple layers of paint and some areas are more prone to weathering than others not only in the sense of faded paint but chipped and weathered paint.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Emil Lang's 190A-5
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 08:33:59 PM »
Truekill also after taking a look at my Walk Around Fw 190D book it seems that many paint schemes did have faded areas between colors.  Some even had a duo tone change from one camo area to the next.  Granted these are D series birds but I doubt that during that time there was major change from blended camo schemes to detailed curves from one camo to the next.  

I'd try and find not only black and whites of this type of bird but also find some colored shots.  I'm pretty sure you'll find that the changes from one color to the next in the camo was "faded" so to speak.