Author Topic: The direction of the game, how far will it go?  (Read 1282 times)

CANNON

The direction of the game, how far will it go?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2000, 10:03:00 PM »
 They could change the name to "Clubs Low" I guess.

Hans

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »
Aces High, Duces Wild.

You like?

Hans.

P.S.  I still think that poker terms would have made for better country names.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2000, 06:13:00 AM »
Even with a new terrain and vehicle garages, it's going to be tough to mix tanks or tracks into offense.

At a minimum, the planes are 10 times faster than the vehicles.

If it takes you a half hour to drive just 12 miles from the vehicle garage to the enemy base, a guy coming to attack you at 240 mph  can make 6-7 one way trips before you get to the field.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2000, 08:16:00 AM »

Crash, the auto coordinated turn is AW.

Toad, your absolutely right. Anyone heading out in a tank, or half track with towed gun, better have pre-arranged air support or they're just going to be scrap metal.
 I suspect that vehicles will be used more in scenarios than regular arena play.
 It all depends on how HTC implements them and into what type of strat system they will have.

-Westy

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
Ah!

But if you make tanks spawn from cities at the front, you won't have too long to drive to the nearest airfield. Even with the current map this is feasible. The front will move, as will the spawn point for the tanks.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2000, 09:47:00 AM »
<<Crash, the auto coordinated turn is AW>>

Really?  Head on over to ur airport, hop into one of those winged jobbers parked all over the place and take off.  Try making a turn without using any rudder and watch were the ball goes.  Now, land the jobber, go back to ur 'puter take off in the plane of ur choice, make a turn without any rudder and watch where the ball goes...or doesn't go.  Then tell me it's only AW and I'll believe ya  

CRASH

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
Are we realy gonna get all this stuff?  That would be very cool
CRASH

Originally posted by Hans:
Myself, I am looking for an even split game with both airplanes and army units, plus navy.

Airforces:  We already got those.

Army: We are getting that as well.  I don't recomend having players as infantry because of the difficulty in keeping up with tanks, plus the lack of firepower infantry units have.  Tanks, artillery and Anti-aircraft artillery (model the german 88mm...two birds with one stone), and trucks carrying AI infantry.

And thats what we are getting.

Navy:  Well, I prefer carrier warfare myself, though the U-boat war in the atlantic is also interesting.  This is also easier to do, because you only need to have steerable carrier battlegroups (more than one per side).  The AIRPLANES do all the fighting.  This is also in the works I am told.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY!  If these other units are added, please do not make them trick ponys with only a limited use.  A true combined arms sim is my idea of fun, not a flightsim with a few addtions that never really get used.

Hans.

[This message has been edited by Hans (edited 03-12-2000).]

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »
CRASH We do not have any auto coridination.

HiTech