Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 03:07:08 PM »
lol first day and already we are making new friends.

Well, Welcome to Aces High.

If there is anything... Well you know.

Edit: Recomended country for you would have to be Knights.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 03:07:34 PM »
Ok I give...DON'T talk to anyone :p

Next, download mitzu's sound pack. His sound pack rocks. This one is a couple of years old and plugs right in ( he's workin a new one ) The spit sounds are great.

http://park1.wakwak.com/~mitsu/msc_107full.exe

Though I don't like the pony sounds at all. I have the WB pony sound at the website. I liked it much better so I kept it.

http://www.theblueknights.com/Sounds.html

...but I'm kinda leery of suggesting anything related to sounds at this point
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
New Guy
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 03:10:58 PM »
Maybe he's Voss..?
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
New Guy
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 03:13:07 PM »
LOL, this has GOT to be a troll! And a good one at that. "I'm going to AH to sing some OPERA to my squadies!!! See, that way, when the kill is done and the FAT LADY sings, everyone will know!"

The quality or lack there of is hardly the point. Its the communication that counts. Sure, its frustrating at times to have someone do the mumble mumble whisper whisper at you, although as a counterpoint the heavy breathing can be stimulating at times.

The point of ingame VOX is the communication of information and smak, no more no less:D

Good troll though...

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fourthfightergroup.com
New Guy
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 03:43:27 PM »
NO I am no troll, just a real *sshole. What can I say the hours are good and there is no heavy lifting. :)

Just an FYI: This is not my first time at the rodeo where flight sims are concerned. I know some here recognize my callsign from the "other sim" Thank you for the welcome all, however backhanded that it may be. Statements like these are what "welcomed" me simply because I made the ACTIVE AND MUCH INFORMED desicison to turn voice off. My choice, just as it is yours to turn it on...

"You are making a HUGE mistake, Without it you are essentially playing a different game...all by yourself" -nopoop

"LOL, this has GOT to be a troll! And a good one at that. "I'm going to AH to sing some OPERA to my squadies!!! "-Lizard3

"LOL teamspeak or the other program, you might as well leave those off too....There wont be anyone there to talk too."-X2lee

"Lol..i used to use an SM 57 but my cheap headset mic sounds better" -SirLoin (after I posted the mic that I use)

What a welcome party! I guess I should be thanking you all for that?!?! right......... I NEVER asked for help with voice coms. I simply asked for GAMEPLAY help and only mentioned the fact that I have ingame voice disabled so if anyone EVER tried to answer my GAMEPLAY questions they would realize that I do have voice turned off, and realize that I am not simply being rude. It was as simple as that......You may see the voice com issue as a HUGE attractant to the game, I do not. I see it only as a HUGE detractor in my SPECIFIC case. Does that mean I can't play here?!?!

I am glad to be over here. It looks new, different and exciting, and inventive even. I am no troll, but I am no idiot either, and I REFUSE to be treated like one. I do sound production for a company in REAL LIFE here in Atlanta, GA and KNOW MY *HIT where sound and recording is concerned. You want references??? I will not be peed on and have someone tell me its "raining" about sound and recording which is basically what is happeneing here.....

Now if you start talking about the tax laws in Monaco, I will defer. I know nothing about that, BUT SOUND? IN SPECIFICALLY, DIGITAL SOUND, I know plenty and refuse to play like I don't. You want references? Besides Karnak and nopoop have actually HELPED me find the info I really needed and came in seeking. S! guys.

Parting shot:
Ok I give...DON'T talk to anyone  

Nopoop, that is not really what I want either. The ONLY difference between you and I, is that I want to decide/control EXACTLY who I to talk to and more specifically WHO talks to ME. That would appear to be FAR less important to you, and that is fine. Just different is all. Can we still be friends?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:50:25 PM by SoftOpt »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 03:45:48 PM »
...but I'm kinda leery of suggesting anything related to sounds at this point

:rofl ... NO watermelon !!!

We have an sound/audio experten amoungst us !!!

Didn't take him long to settle into the BBS ... already flinging insults.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 03:59:36 PM »
Even with " Speex 16.3 kbit codec" and a KSM27 there is still a 50% probability I'll break right where you say left :D

SoftOpt depending on the time you will fly the AH main arena is pretty more international than the concurrent arena
And AH voice can be very fun especially when like me you notice your usual channel is used by some Japaneses :p

Lastly : Welcome , do what you want but have fun before anything else :)

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
New Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 04:09:05 PM »
TOO FUNNY straffo. :) would that mean I could call you "Wrongway"? LOL! I have a couple of those in my squadron as well.

and this:
do what you want but have fun before anything else

Words to live by sir, Words to live by! Thank you....

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 04:09:27 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
lol first day and already we are making new friends.

Well, Welcome to Aces High.

If there is anything... Well you know.

Edit: Recomended country for you would have to be Knights.

He sounds Bish to me:lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
New Guy
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 04:31:06 PM »
Welcome SoftOp :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
New Guy
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 04:35:30 PM »
We have an sound/audio experten amoungst us !!!

Experten might be a bit strong, professional would be a much more appropriate description. :D

PS I downloaded that sound pack. I am going to install it when I get back from practice. Thank you!

Thank you Octavious. Glad to be here.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
New Guy
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 05:41:39 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
He sounds Bish to me:lol

Sounds like an easy kill to me

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 06:21:45 PM »
LOL Grim don't be taking it personal. The reason so many are aghast at your statement is that vox really adds something to the game that is available no where else.

You have a good time, I hope you stay. But if I see you ( doubtful, I'm rarely above 5k ) I'll just wave :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 06:25:33 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: New Guy
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 06:31:24 PM »
Originally posted by SoftOpt

Thanks for any help you might be able to point me in. :D

Well if I was you I'd get another call-sign and do the whole entrance thing again, this one didn't go so well  ;)  (and don't mention the "hearing little voices" this time) j/k

Have fun in AH  , I used to fly WB , you will adjust quickly it's the same with differences. Gunnery will probably take the longest

And you'll come to realise it's more fun to hear the little voices than not hear them, don't  judge it after a handful of sorties.
I come from a land downunder

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 06:52:53 PM »
Good Gosh Miss Molly,,,,sounds like Shane has competition..:rofl
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.