Author Topic: AH2TE bugs.  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »
Thanks SKull.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 05:39:49 PM »
I can't zoom in with my joystick, panning and zooming out work fine.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 08:34:40 PM »
I dont have any trouble zooming in, but when I zoom out, the map starts to disappear outside of the circle you can se the grid squares. When you zoom out all the way its all blue, cant see any of the terrain.

Offline maxxius

• Nickel Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 09:38:17 PM »
if i click on any buttons , i get a error  box and it just shuts down:confused:

hell i dont even know how to use the damn thing.........:rofl

Offline MrSmog

• Zinc Member
TE Bugs
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 11:04:40 PM »
When I convert one of My old AH1 maps to AH2 the TE automatically puts a town on top of the airfields.
 It also doesn't put a tower or a maproom for any airfield.
I can add a tower by using the ENTPNT object and calling it a Tower
adding a maproom to an airfield puts the object in the middle of the airfield runway.
if I move the maproom the visable object moves but the maprooms red square stays in the center of the runway.
I also have the Blue bmp file when making the terrain map.
and the blackout if I change the window size.
Also I can't remember how to assign CV Task groups to a Port.

Don't worry about LIFE, You'll never get out of it Alive !

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 11:43:58 PM »
mrsmog for AH2TE you need ot have  town other wise you dump once you try the map.  Do not mess with the shpfltr, there cant be any custom fields in AH2.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 05:39:10 AM »
You don't have to have a town or even a maproom for the map to work. You can't put a maproom or any other object on the same tile as a field because feilds are treated as single objects and all objects snap to the center of the tile causing 2 objects to be stacked, that will cause feilds to disapear at times or even crash. I got the best results by putting maprooms on an adjacent tile, it doesn't even have to be leveled. To attach a fleet to a port (or any other field) double click ship0000 and put the number of the port in the object data field.

Offline MrSmog

• Zinc Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 08:18:46 AM »
Thanks for the response  B17Skull12  and  zmeg

Originally posted by zmeg
You can't put a maproom or any other object on the same tile as a field

When checking objects for errors it says that there needs to be a tower for the field.
I have been using the ENTPNT object and calling it a tower insted of a VOID then placing it on the Airfield just off center in the tile.
Can This "NEEDED" tower be placed anywhere on the map, or does it just need to be near the Airfield it is assigned to ?

Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.:cool:

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 11:37:39 AM »
zmeg you dump when either 1 of 2 things.  field doesn't have a maproom, or to little fields.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 12:02:14 PM »
same here.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by BenDover
I can't zoom in with my joystick, panning and zooming out work fine.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »
when I place a vehicle field, it shows up as a airfield on map (A1 instead of V1)

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 12:53:43 PM »
Raptor put a 1 in the object data field for a vehicle field, or a 2 for a port. Make sure you put a field number there for a fleet to attach it to the correct port or it will default to field 14.
  Smog I tried the entry point on the airfield as a maproom and it worked fine, just cant see the maproom.

Offline MrSmog

• Zinc Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by zmeg
 Smog I tried the entry point on the airfield as a maproom and it worked fine, just cant see the maproom.

I used the MPRO object and just moved the visable portion a little off center away from the runway and I can see the object where I placed it.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »
Originally posted by United
Mine went black, but i also ran into another problem.

I placed a few tiles down and added an airfield, just to test.  I hit build, moved the .res file into the ah2 terrains.  Then I opened it in offline and it crashed.  So, i made another map, went through all the works, opened it up: crash.

Anyone else having this problem?

my test map worked i ran it in h2h tonight , but it wont reopen for further editing .. even after renaming the .obo file .. it just turned blue then ... hmmm ....   anyone else have any idea's ?

or is back to the drawing board ... lay 5 tiles/ objects map turns black ... save , reboot TE rinse and repeat...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
AH2TE bugs.
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2004, 11:29:40 AM »
united roscoroo, add 3 fields 1 for each country, and make sure each has a town.
II/JG3 DGS II