Author Topic: Ship Damage  (Read 426 times)

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
Ship Damage
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 01:40:39 PM »
I'd like bonus damage for bombs hitting ship with armed, fueled planes on deck a la` Midway.  Perhaps a randomized 0-100% of all the ordinance sitting on the deck at the time of bomb impact, plus some conversion of fuel on board into explosive impact and/or deck unusability  Could even add in planes in the process of being selected in the hangar, as hangar deck secondary explosions were common on carriers with unarmored wooden decks.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Ship Damage
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 02:17:40 PM »
Originally posted by Rasker
I'd like bonus damage for bombs hitting ship with armed, fueled planes on deck a la` Midway.  Perhaps a randomized 0-100% of all the ordinance sitting on the deck at the time of bomb impact, plus some conversion of fuel on board into explosive impact and/or deck unusability  Could even add in planes in the process of being selected in the hangar, as hangar deck secondary explosions were common on carriers with unarmored wooden decks.

Funny, on a cross country flight I was working on an event idea that would incorperate something along these lines. Essentially, we would just lower the ship hardness for a period of time preceeding a major attack, simulating the ship's vulnerability.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.