Author Topic: Ki-84-Ia announced!  (Read 812 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 12:11:06 AM »
Books? they had books? do tell :)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2004, 09:26:18 AM »
Lets just say that it looks like Pyro, Natedog, and Superfly robbed all the book store in north america of all the books about world war two aircraft. There were several books detailing the F6F series which leads me to assume that it is one that will be getting a face lift in the near future.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 09:58:42 AM »
Originally posted by Reschke
Lets just say that it looks like Pyro, Natedog, and Superfly robbed all the book store in north america of all the books about world war two aircraft. There were several books detailing the F6F series which leads me to assume that it is one that will be getting a face lift in the near future.

I'd like to see the F6F-3. In my inept hands the F6F-5 is just not nimble enough, I've seen others turn the Hellcat successfully with Spits, but I cannot seem to. Perhaps I spend too much time in the FM2 though.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2004, 11:04:08 AM »
Originally posted by Reschke

So what kind of bomber books does HTC have lying around?

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004, 11:32:46 AM »
We're not getting the Defiant but I think Pyro did give us a hint.  :D

I would love a -3 Hellcat... though the -5 should be more manuverable on account of having better roll.   -3 is arguably a better climber and accelerator but I haven't seen hard data to support it..  Some pilots claimed is performed better than the -5 others say the opposite I may have to look into it and see what if anything I can find.

You can mix it up with Spits in the Hellcat, but you have to be really agressive and go for the shot early... the longer the fight lasts the most the odds go towards the Spit.  At 250mph and up the F6F will turn with anything in the game.  You can use that to get an early shot on a spit but you're only gonna get 1-2 chances before the speed drops and the spit can get you... provided the spit pilot doesn't make a mistake.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 11:34:54 AM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Ki-84-Ia announced!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 11:33:56 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
I'd like to see the F6F-3. In my inept hands the F6F-5 is just not nimble enough, I've seen others turn the Hellcat successfully with Spits, but I cannot seem to. Perhaps I spend too much time in the FM2 though.

The F6F-5 was more maneuverable than the F6F-3 due to spring tabs on the ailerons.