Author Topic: Any old "Fighter Duel" Flyers?  (Read 179 times)

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
Any old "Fighter Duel" Flyers?
« on: March 14, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
Call me old school...  Anyone here fly the original "Fighter Duel: Corsair v. Zero" on the Commodore Amiga?  This was the first worthwhile head-2-head wwii fighter sim.  Boy, The phone bills killed me, flying h2h across LD was expensive!  Was a helluva great time though!  We were even flying tourneys that were orginized through GEnie.

ouch.  I'm really not that old!!!

Aaron "Terror" Edwards

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Remember kali and kahn days ?
If you do you should know what fd in fd-ski stands for  

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

If nothing makes you happier then burning 109 - come and join us - we're looking for few good men

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2000, 12:18:00 PM »
I was "FDKieren" for some time.  

TGarner

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
FDStardog here from Kali 181  

Wow I been doing this a long time, thanks for reminding of that haha

Hey AH H2H could revive that whole FD feeling  

v2ndLt. Stardog
v355th Fighter Group
Adjutant v358th FS

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2000, 12:55:00 PM »
Think I was FDmighty1.

Memory going so I'm not sure.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2000, 01:49:00 PM »
  Yeah I was there     back on kali and kahn. As a matter of fact, one of my squadies wrote Kahn, and the 900th Bloody Jaguars was lucky enough to beta test the Netduel patch while we beta tested Kahn  

We should all reload it for old times sakes and see how many we can get online now that everybody has cable modems.  We used to have alot of fun.

Gryf and myself used to play on Cris's gamers connection too, b4 net duel came out.

That was my 1st favorite after WB (at the time) great game, sorry they cancelled FD 2.0....

how many were on Stupid's ladder b4 netduel?  Remember having to make those long distance calls?  hehehe

Udie

[This message has been edited by Udie (edited 03-14-2000).]

Dan Pittman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2000, 03:00:00 PM »
Handyman here, it's seems like yesterday but it's been a long time.. Fighter Duel took the fun out of the AI, nothing quite like a human opponent... Terror did you fly after the omega?  I didn't recognize the name? Gryphon and I used to fly on kali together alot...  aka FDhandyman aka handy...

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2000, 03:38:00 PM »
I didn't do much with the PC version of FighterDuel.  It more or less disappointed me after I had played the AMIGA versions for so long.  I was so looking forward to FD v2.0 and it REALLY disappointed me when the cancelation was announced.  I did do some Long Distance h2h at the beginning and just a tad of KALI when NetDuel came out, but ended up just not participating much with NetDuel.

Aaron "Terror" Edwards

FDAce

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2000, 12:10:00 PM »
I also, flew the Amiga version of Fighter Duel "Corsair vrs Zero" under the handle of "Silver Eagle" and was fortunate enough to come in 2nd in the national tournament.

We Would chat and setup duels via Genie bbs and then actually call long distance to play the tourney duels modem to modem. We had a blast. I followed all of the Fighter Duel upgrades, and as "Ace" participated in fighter duel ladders played via netduel, usually we would hook up on the flight server of kali and even run inpromptu mini- one man and wingman tournaments. I'm looking forward to the 8-man server doing a lot to promote AH via kali in the same manner. "Stupid" had a WWW site up for a continuous automated ladder tourny that had well over one hundred pilots registered at any one time. I remember trading the #1 #2 #3 spots with Handyman, Ozone, Elf, Tahoe and others. I subscribed to WB for about a year or too (ever since we found a bug in FD that allowed come computers to have an extra 10% power, speed, and turning ability, due to an obsolete bad run of Cyrix processors.
Aces High has brought back the fun of flying again and I am now another of the transferees to AH from WB, and currently learning how to E fight, something that was uneeded in most of the ladders I participated in.