Author Topic: Better and better  (Read 107 times)

Offline bod

• Zinc Member
Better and better
« on: January 16, 2000, 04:56:00 AM »
I have been trying this beta a few times for the last couple of days, and this sim is really getting there.

Framerate is phenomenal (compared to WB at least), and this with much more advanced and better looking graphics. The connection is excellent, which ultimately may be the single most important factor for success ?

Overall i think this is the best sim at the moment.

What i dont like is:
The map: I would rather like an aviation-like map that is readable and easier to handle in terms of zooming and panning.
The map room: kind of cool, but utterly impractical.
I understand the sounds are only generic at the moment, and i hope that some serious effort is put to make the sounds equally good as the graphics. A lot of clues; speed, sideslip etc. can be made with sounds.
One last thing: German planes should be German, Russian planes should be Russian. Maybe a detail to some, but mph in a 190 is like putting LW markings on a P-51. It should be a 190 on the inside as well as the outside. Afterall you sit on the inside, not on the outside, and the sence of flying a 190 when the inside looks like some US buildt replica from the 90s is just not right, IMHO of cource.

I guess we won't see the real test of this sim until WB3 or WWII online comes out, but right now, i will put my money on this one.

Bod

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Better and better
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2000, 06:08:00 AM »
Well said Bod.  I'd like to see metric gauges as well.  After all, we're looking for 100% realism here, not to mention all the pain and agony I've suffered when learning to use feets and miles instead of the familiar metric system  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Better and better
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2000, 07:19:00 AM »
Fw190 in AH is cheap export version  
License built in US.
Thats why its also missing 10-15mph from top speed, because export versions are known to be simplier.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Better and better
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »
bod try right clicking the + and - buttons .

HiTech

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Better and better
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2000, 06:49:00 PM »

<Public address system squeels>

"Clean up in thread ten! Clean up in thread ten.
 Bag boy to thread ten for more spilt whine!"