Author Topic: Perk's and ENY  (Read 399 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Perk's and ENY
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 12:22:04 AM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
Well... I don't fly it enough to fly it well. I am not that tempted to fly one. The times I have seen them, they're way, way up in the air and whenever they do descend - they quickly leave with 7 enemy planes chasing it for two sectors...

Can you shoot down enough planes in one sorty (with it's ENY) to make the 50 perks worth it ? It's not like the 262 or 163 that actually have useful missions they can run, is it ?

Hmm, I think you're seeing noobs in it. The Tempest is best 12k-18k. Why it would be run down to the deck by any prop fighter is beyond me as it is faster in the level and accelerates better than any prop fighter in the set. Combine that with 4 Hizookas and well, like I said above, you'd have to make a tremendous error in tactical judgement to run amok in the Tempest.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Perk's and ENY
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 08:16:07 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
you'd have to make a tremendous error in tactical judgement to run amok in the Tempest.

I lost one the other day with kills in the bag while landing. I dunno if it is a bug or not but I was on final approach, full flaps, ~110MPH, 100feet. I dropped the gear and the nose SUDDENLY pointed down as if I had autopilot on ".speed 200" or something. WHAM!

I agree the Tempest is a beast though, fastest prop plane in the game at around 15K, doesn't do too bad as a stall-fighter for a 1945 (is that right?) airframe either.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Perk's and ENY
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 08:54:07 AM »
Tempest is the da-beast

only if it had more range i would fly nothing but it and fly planes just to fly it more:D

i wish we had a perk plane with long range besides the TA152 that does not need 2 drop tanks !

Sea hornet:D comes to mind
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Perk's and ENY
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 10:26:52 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
I lost one the other day with kills in the bag while landing. I dunno if it is a bug or not but I was on final approach, full flaps, ~110MPH, 100feet. I dropped the gear and the nose SUDDENLY pointed down as if I had autopilot on ".speed 200" or something. WHAM!

I agree the Tempest is a beast though, fastest prop plane in the game at around 15K, doesn't do too bad as a stall-fighter for a 1945 (is that right?) airframe either.

You were too slow when you dropped your gear, gear creates alot of drag, you basically stalled it in nose first. Try dropping gear just under 200 then deploying flaps, etc.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc