Author Topic: Field Rotation on Reset  (Read 127 times)

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Field Rotation on Reset
« on: January 16, 2000, 06:55:00 AM »
Is this the single dumbest feature in Aces High at the moment?

There we were, on a buff/fighter/c47 strike to f12.  Our buff gets nailed and ......

Field Reset.. all the countries get rotated and we are all suddenly miles from home with no option other than to ditch.

Dateline 1940:  As German Panzers rumbled down Trafalgar Square, ex-Prime Minister Churchill met with Chancellor Hitler in Berlin.  It was decided that since Germany had won the war, the Luftwaffe would relocate to Biggin Hill, Henley and Duxford, whilst the RAF would continue the fight from French and German airfields.

The battle continues ....

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Field Rotation on Reset
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
Are you suggesting that we should leave map one coloured?  
Thats what happens in war.
There wouldn't be anyone to capture bases back.

If you don't remember, in the time before this field shuffle, all countries were always in same place, after reset, you found yourself above enemy territory (ie. if you were rook, captured f1 from bishops to cause reset, you found yourself middle of bishop land!)

Now, we don't have to stuck into same area furballs as reset occurs.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Field Rotation on Reset
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »
Hmmm... Maybe we've been stuck on Field Capture ("Capture the Flag") strat for too long, here are some alternate resets (mix and match):
"Cinderella at Midnight" -- All the planes on the losing side instantly turn into C-47s.  Fields reset (randomly or otherwise) when the last goon is downed.  Variation: planes stay the same, but get B-26 structural limitations (esp. Vert. Stab.).
"The Hammer of Vengeance" -- Victorious teams A/C get B17 gunner capability and unltd. ammo.  Reset 5 minutes later.
"Cakewalk" or "Musical Chairs"  Immediate RTB is called by System.  Acks disable.  After all the planes of one country (Cakewalk) or of two (Musical Chairs) land, the fields reset and a divine wind sweeps in, shredding all those still in the air.
"The Winds of War": Reset, and 100 kt winds blow to victorious side for 10 min.  Helps winners RTB, and losers bring bombers/vulch teams over enemy.

Mr.ED

Field Rotation on Reset
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2000, 09:18:00 AM »
This morning I popped in to find MYSELF a Rook after rotation or .47 upgrade, well I missed flying today, becuse I won't fly as a rook.
I got rooked!

How about not doing the whirling dervish with the sides.

Mr.ED
Pony Pilot
ROOKED

Offline Firefox

• Zinc Member
Field Rotation on Reset
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2000, 10:51:00 AM »

Originally posted by Mr.ED:
This morning I popped in to find MYSELF a Rook after rotation or .47 upgrade, well I missed flying today, becuse I won't fly as a rook.
I got rooked!

How about not doing the whirling dervish with the sides.

Mr.ED
Pony Pilot
ROOKED

UH, Mr ED
You know that you can change countries by going to the map room and selecting your country dont you  

You could have flown and dont "have" to fly as a rook, Rook is just default country right now when you open anew.

------------------
Rick "Firefox" Scott
VMF-214 / MAG 11
WB ID: firefx
AH ID: FirefxAT
Have Gun Will Travel

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Field Rotation on Reset
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2000, 12:07:00 PM »
Dinger,

Thats like talking of quake...