Author Topic: Radar and alarm error?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
Radar and alarm error?
« on: August 02, 2004, 06:49:43 AM »
I took off with no worries, because the field was not flashing and no alarm siren on field, so no enemy close right?

BANG I was vulched off the filed?

Looked at map from tower, nope it was not flashing, but still there was enemy to kill me?

Upped again, and when in the air I could see multiple enemy GV near the filed, and a enemy 262 flying around.

Some time later I looked at the airfield stats, to see what all the red little dots had destroyed. Hmm troops and radar....

Radar? If field radar is down, why can I see all these little red dots?

Is there a nerby CV or field overlapping, Nope.

Is it a bug? Maybe?

So next time you destroy radar, it does not mean that they cant see you.....

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 11:26:36 AM »
Need some info, what arena, what terrain, what field?

Did you just log in or had you been playing for a while?

HiTech

Offline Janov

• Zinc Member
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 02:46:17 PM »
I have also noticed a problem with the "flashing" of fields. Its been persistent since "flashing" was introduced in AH1. It seems to not always work consistently, i.e. a nearby enemy will not always cause flashing on all players frontends. Will try to gather some data next time it happens.

Litjan

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 07:34:28 AM »
It was in MA.
Baltic map but what field ? :(

Now when you ask, I remember that I had JUST logged on. Probobly after Radar was killed on that field?

But the problem was presistent, so 5 min in the second sortie the radar was still showing red dots, even if it was down.

I did ask on the text buffer, if others can see the red dots, and got some replies that they did. No one else commented the fact that radar was down.

So was it down for others? Did the base flash for others?
That I do not know :(

I be more observant next time, I prommise :aok

Offline moto61

• Copper Member
      • http://www.eastex.net/moto
Radar warning
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 09:50:39 PM »
I cant tell you the last time the whole map worked properly as far as alarms since starting AH2...Oh yes I can; It has never worked on the small maps in AH1 or AH2.:o

Really sucks too!

Offline RDSaustinTX

• Copper Member
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:38:23 PM »
Sort of need to re-think the flashing colors anyway.

With field labels off, you can't tell if a flashing field is enemy or friendly (they both flash green-red-green-red-green....)

Mullah

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 01:56:35 AM »
i no this for a fact il look and see are radar is disabled and see ever con on the radar still
known as Arctic in the main

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Radar and alarm error?
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 06:17:43 AM »
The reason the bases are not flashing is because when you log into an arena the bases arent flashing on the clipboard, even if under attack. Once the base is free of enemies and then another enemy is "spotted" by the field, it will flash.  So basicly, if three guys run into a base all night long consistantly before you log in, the base will never flash. =D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.