Author Topic: Why is it a ditch if you land on your battleship?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Why is it a ditch if you land on your battleship?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2004, 05:04:42 PM »
Your such a Tease HT. :D  I could care less about scoring just looking for some "Mars01 killed something"  Action.  I have to take what I can get lol.:)

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2004, 03:23:43 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
No, that's the joke. :lol

"you have landed" will count as ditch and "you have landed on a runway" will count as successful. Gotta love the way HT thinks. He is eeviiill. Scary part is I'm beginning to understand him! :eek:

aAaaarrgggghhh...okay.  lol  But, even though I'm not a scores guy - infact, I don't even think I HAVE a score this campaign - I've always disliked how a safe landing on the grass of an airfield counted as a "ditch."  Anywhooo, thanks for filling me in, DipStick.  hehe

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2004, 05:07:35 AM »
Maybe because LA7s were not designed to land on carriers. Oh wait, you were in an FM2. Never mind.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2004, 10:19:46 AM »
Wrote the first post incorectly , now it reads what I was thinking.

HiTech

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2004, 10:35:17 AM »
:rofl
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2004, 04:24:47 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
How about I change the ditched message to you have landed. And change the landed message to you have landed on a runway.

HiTech

HT,
Just a suggestion...

...leave the messages as they are now, but count a "safe landing" as any landing that occurs within the boundaries of the airfield.  I'm sure that, in WW2, many aircraft had to be towed after a rough emergency landing in the grass to the hangar.  But the pilot wasn't docked a kill or two because of where he landed the plane.  

A landing anywhere else definitely deserves to be called a "ditch."

:)

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2004, 08:11:07 PM »
lol you think ditching parameters are bad? Drove my tiger out of the vh and onto the grass of the newly captured base.....to kill the gvs that were attempting to protect the field. The grass was so perty that I thought I'd park it right there. "You have ditched." WTF???? 50 yards forward of the vh and I ditch? What kind of "stuff" (can't express it the way I would like to) is that? But okay, let the bugs be worked out of the program first, then this can be addressed. In the meantime there's a dent in the fileing cabinet next to my computer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 08:14:45 PM by xBarrelx »

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2004, 10:29:27 PM »
AH it's like a Sigame or a Gasim that's how I see it

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2004, 11:22:44 PM »
Originally posted by debuman
Weren't some of the Japanese carriers acutually coverted battleships that had flat decks built on top of them?

maybe Cargo ships. But you are right...the first Flat tops were converts.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2004, 11:32:49 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Your such a Tease HT. :D  I could care less about scoring just looking for some "Mars01 killed something"  Action.  I have to take what I can get lol.:)

Tease isnt the first word that came to my mind. LOL
But Stubborn is fitting.
I Still think it appropriate to score any landing of an un-damaged aircraft or tank within the confines of the airfield a landing.
I mean really...a tank must land on the Concrete of an Air base to get a "Landing"  score..But can land on the grass at a V Base for a "Landing" score.
Rediculas.
Now can it actually be coded this way? I think its a pain in the arse and we arent going to see it happen. ;)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2004, 11:38:54 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
How about I change the ditched message to you have landed. And change the landed message to you have landed on a runway.

HiTech

That would be excellent as long as the system messages are included. "GScholz landed 2 kills at Monsieur Bricolage's farm in a 109G-10 (If anyone can come over and pick me and fraulein Bricolage up it will be most appreciated)" ;)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2004, 12:16:08 AM »
how can you not land on a CA?  it is easy and same with landing on a DD.:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2004, 01:04:52 AM »
I do agree, the ditching and landing deal is bogus. Who wouldnt complain about having a left gear off the runway, and the right one on the runway and counting as a ditch.

Then again hitech could make it even more unbearable and have us taxi!!  ABSURD!  Why not? :rofl
Mak