Author Topic: ct frame rates  (Read 355 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
ct frame rates
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:59:55 PM »
would there be any reason why my frame rates are 3 to 7 in the CT while they run 20 to 30 in the ma?

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: ct frame rates
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 05:47:19 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
would there be any reason why my frame rates are 3 to 7 in the CT while they run 20 to 30 in the ma?

Seems to me it'd have to be the map.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 06:22:46 PM »
The map is fantastic in CT, hence the lower framerate. However, it looks great and adds to the feel of the game.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:41:54 PM »
Originally posted by FOGOLD
The map is fantastic in CT, hence the lower framerate. However, it looks great and adds to the feel of the game.

well at least I know why now.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:25:08 AM »
The maps in the CT use the exact same standard object groups as the MA maps... so is it the number of object groups? the number of forest tiles used? The server that everything but the MA is on?

Just the map alone should not be causing this. It would be really good to get this figured out.

ps. Lee... you mean the Slot map, correct? I built the Slot, so it would be good to know what not to do.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 05:45:22 PM by Dux »
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline FOGOLD

• Silver Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 11:05:58 AM »
I don't know enough about the technology, but the ground detail is way better than in MA, more realistic roads, buildings, fields etc.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
ct frame rates
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 07:32:42 AM »
It was just a guess. I've never paid much attention before but did notice the other day that Trinity dropped my average FR about 12-15 fps. Couldn't tell you why.

Offline Fauxbra

• Zinc Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 06:51:27 PM »
I have flown in the CT recently with no probs...was last IJO setup. Last week i tried to fly in the CT and was getting a 7 frame rate , while getting a 75 frame rate in the MA. even the mouse cursor would barely move...something was wrong

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
ct frame rates
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 09:16:40 PM »
I get the same trouble in the MA...don't spend much time in the CT. I get mine back by getting out of the game and re-booting the computer. Restart the game and everything is back to normal. I think its a memory usage thing. By re-booting it clears the memory and starts me fresh...works for me, couldn't hurt to try it.