Author Topic: Fun P-38 film - Nomde raps!  (Read 611 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Fun P-38 film - Nomde raps!
« on: August 16, 2004, 05:25:17 AM »
Here's a film I made last night flying with Silat and Nomde.  

The cool thing on this film is how slow you can get the P-38 in the vertical.  When you watch the film, set it to external view and trails turned on.

The thing about the stall was that instead of my nose going down like how it was supposed to, I was able to keep it level and almost float my plane like that.  All the time I had full control of the plane, you'll see in external view my adjusting the plane to keep the plane level.  You'll also see by the trails how I have virtually no foward momentum and almost falling straight down.

Kind of a useless trick and I don't see my self using this 'level' stall in combat but who knows, I might find a way to work it in somehow.

There's some combat in the film, I tangle with a Spitfire and 2 Yaks.  I end up getting the Spitfire but get killed by one of the Yaks soon after.  When I was in this fight, I was wondering why my plane was flying really sluggish in some of the low speed turns with the Spitfire.  When  I watched the film, I found out why.  I still had both of my drop tanks in addition to carrying 100% fuel.

And as an added bonus to this film, Nomde closes out the film with some rapping and Silat pesters me about my hot mom.

P-38 stall

ack-ack
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 02:11:30 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 08:11:23 AM »
Hey, AKAK, do you have any webspace I can use?  I've got a couple of AH2 films I'd like to post up.

Thanks!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 08:20:51 AM »
I just tried viewing the film.  AKAK, I think you linked to the wrong one.  The film you posted shows you diving to chase down an F6F, killing him, and then racing in a group of other guys to kill a P-51 who's headed toward town.  Nomde and Silat aren't in the film at all.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 12:23:07 PM »
I've got room if you need it Todd

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Hey, AKAK, do you have any webspace I can use?  I've got a couple of AH2 films I'd like to post up.

Thanks!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Yeah, just post the films on BW and then I'll upload them and post the links.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 02:12:32 PM »
I just tried viewing the film.  AKAK, I think you linked to the wrong one.  The film you posted shows you diving to chase down an F6F, killing him, and then racing in a group of other guys to kill a P-51 who's headed toward town.  Nomde and Silat aren't in the film at all.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Link fixed.

ack-ack

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 03:37:58 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Yeah, just post the films on BW and then I'll upload them and post the links.

That's a good idea.  Sikboy can link them too if he wants... just grab them from there.  I'll post them sometime tonight.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 11:55:27 AM »
Fun film, AKAK.  Too bad you let Anton skillfully run away and come back again for you.  That Yak-9U is sure hard to fly!

I posted three films up on Big Week last night and this morning.  I'd appreciate if you or Sikboy could put them up whenever you get a chance.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 11:15:49 AM »
Fun film, AKAK.  Too bad you let Anton skillfully run away and come back again for you.  That Yak-9U is sure hard to fly!

I posted three films up on Big Week last night and this morning.  I'd appreciate if you or Sikboy could put them up whenever you get a chance.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Hang on, I haven't decoded any broken-up files with thunderbird before, I don't even know if I can. I might have to setup Outlook Security Compromiser (tm) to get the films off of BW.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.