Author Topic: Hey Vets  (Read 3231 times)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2004, 11:49:25 AM »
Originally posted by fd ski
anonymous, i guess you need it spelled out:

Mac said: I know that all those who served will vote Bush.

I served, i won't be voting for bush.
I can thing of some other people here who served and won't vote bush either.

Whole thing democrats hate military and republicans love it ( and all people in military vote republican) is bull****.  If you served, you know it.

As for the length of my service, it is my choice. Just as it was to serve in the first place.
And spared me the "poor veteran worried about ...". I haven't seen E7-E9 who didn't spend 3 hours a day talking about how it was just so much ****ing better back in the days and how things are going to ****.
It goes with the job.

no problem at all with serving four years and you volunteered and no doubts honorably discharged. but you have to admit it looks funny when you commenting on things you never experienced. i saw differences first hand between diff cics. never had a big problem with clinton but he did appoint some real scum to important position and there were some extreme lefty dems who were self admitted to dislike military and intelligence culture and such and they have done things while in office that were to detriment of military to anyone observing without massive lefty bias. its only a couple but there are democrat congressmen who should have been charged with treason. probably was before your time so dont expect you to know of it. and i think it was better near the end of my time than it had been in a long time. and the va does need to be burned to the ground and rebuilt and your comment about "how are va benefits" "under bush" is bull**** as well and you know it. tit for tat i guess.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2004, 11:52:40 AM »
fd-ski did it so he could get citizenship in the U.S.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2004, 11:56:34 AM »
And spared me the "poor veteran worried about ...". I haven't seen E7-E9 who didn't spend 3 hours a day talking about how it was just so much ****ing better back in the days and how things are going to ****.
It goes with the job.

Bart-

You are FOS.  You can take that big paint brush you are using and put it up.  You reached your conclusions about Mil Personnel a long time ago, and I don't aspire to change that.  While you think that your opinion has to be correct for the vast majority of Military enlisted corp (which you arrived at in 4 years of AD service in which you admitted to me were not the best years of your life by a long shot), it is NOT. My perceptions have changed over the last 16 years of service.  I never expected a free ride on anything in life, much less from the DOD.  That has certainly proved true.  Any respect I receive from US citizens is welcomed, but not expected.  I do not ***** about every injustice to me I may perceive.  I wake everyday and my mindset going to work  is that I am an example for those under me, and those above me as well.  I try and behave like a professional NCO.

I will not get rich monetarily, but the experiences, and my acquired family are priceless.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Hey Vets
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2004, 11:59:39 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
fd-ski did it so he could get citizenship in the U.S.  Nothing more, nothing less.

hahah here we go again.

I came to States in 92. With green card in hand. All i had to do is sit on my bellybutton for 5 years and apply for citizenship.
I joined the service in 93.
I left service in 97.
I applied for citizenship in late 98 cause my lovely wife insisted on having all the paperwork in order. I became citizen in 99 or 2000 if I'm not mistaken.

Had i wanted to I could have applied for citizenship after 3 years of service in 96. Guess what ? I didn't.

So basically Rip, suck it, and go back to posting flags and patriotic sillyness right between insulting those who did more for this country then you... :rolleyes:

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2004, 12:01:52 PM »

why doesnt matter. he volunteered and he served the people of the united states and he put his fate in the hands of american citizens and the us govt. i may not agree with his choice of cic but ive been in combat with guys that i didnt care for when it came to inviting people to a barbecue. liking someone and respecting someone are two different things. he must have been a pain in the bellybutton tho. seems pretty smart and has no problem opening his mouth. i can just imagine some chief in the goat locker deriding him over something and another chief replying "yeah but hes right". "that little smartassed mutha-". :eek:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2004, 12:03:13 PM »
hahah here we go again.

I came to States in 92. With green card in hand. All i had to do is sit on my bellybutton for 5 years and apply for citizenship.
I joined the service in 93.
I left service in 97.
I applied for citizenship in late 98 cause my lovely wife insisted on having all the paperwork in order. I became citizen in 99 or 2000 if I'm not mistaken.

Had i wanted to I could have applied for citizenship after 3 years of service in 96. Guess what ? I didn't.

So basically Rip, suck it, and go back to posting flags and patriotic sillyness right between insulting those who did more for this country then you... :rolleyes:

Yeah, uhh huh.

Hey, I was doing something for you guys! Boinking your girlfriends and keeping them happy while you were out playing soldier! :D

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2004, 12:03:24 PM »
NOW this thread is getting somewhere.
-SW

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2004, 12:03:46 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
Bart-

You are FOS.  You can take that big paint brush you are using and put it up.  You reached your conclusions about Mil Personnel a long time ago, and I don't aspire to change that.  While you think that your opinion has to be correct for the vast majority of Military enlisted corp (which you arrived at in 4 years of AD service in which you admitted to me were not the best years of your life by a long shot), it is NOT. My perceptions have changed over the last 16 years of service.  I never expected a free ride on anything in life, much less from the DOD.  That has certainly proved true.  Any respect I receive from US citizens is welcomed, but not expected.  I do not ***** about every injustice to me I may perceive.  I wake everyday and my mindset going to work  is that I am an example for those under me, and those above me as well.  I try and behave like a professional NCO.

I will not get rich monetarily, but the experiences, and my acquired family are priceless.

Good for you :) Unfortunatelly most of NCOs i've served under where self absorbed salamanders with education level of middle school for whom getting from E6 to E7 was equal to being named god on earth.
There were exceptions, and I loved serving with them. Unfotunatelly, they were just that, exceptions.

Also, please don't put words in my mouth, just because someone is nostalgic about "old times" it doesn't make them a POS. Heck, i do it at times too.
Problem is that we usually remember good things, forget bad, and don't pervice reality in right context, having glorifying the past.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »
Good for you :) Unfortunatelly most of NCOs i've served under where self absorbed salamanders with education level of middle school for whom getting from E6 to E7 was equal to being named god on earth.

I'm sure that had nothing to do with the Eastern bloc arrogance you carry around like a wet blanket...

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2004, 12:05:59 PM »
There were exceptions, and I loved serving with them. Unfotunatelly, they were just that, exceptions.

Also, please don't put words in my mouth, just because someone is nostalgic about "old times" it doesn't make them a POS. Heck, i do it at times too.
Problem is that we usually remember good things, forget bad, and don't pervice reality in right context, having glorifying the past.

ak because of problem getting a clearance because of citizen status?

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2004, 12:10:40 PM »
I'm sure that had nothing to do with the Eastern bloc arrogance you carry around like a wet blanket...

his name sounds polish. that means hes better than the rest of the world including the eastern bloc. joking guy. :)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Hey Vets
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2004, 12:17:27 PM »
Rip that was low, no better than how Pongo & RPM were treating Grunherz.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Hey Vets
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2004, 12:18:46 PM »
BTW Anonymous what is your handle in the game?

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »
anonymous - i couldn't get a job I wanted from the get go because of the lack of citizenship at the time - IT job that is. Hence I became an AK - lots of computers, but still a supply job.

It was a problem later when they figured out that 10% of a crew of a nuke carrier ( CV 73 GW ) was without citizenship, and there apparently is a rule against non-citizens serving aboard a nuke ship. Unfortunatelly there were so many of us that they couldn't ship us all home. Oh well :)

As for my motivation to join, it was very much this same as almost 90% of enlisted people. I wanted a future that gave me a chance, instead of being stuck in minimum wage-dead end job, too busy working to dig myself out.

It worked out quite nicely.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Hey Vets
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2004, 12:37:18 PM »
Now this is rich. Ripsnort slamming a guy because he was in the service. You should vote Bush. I see the connection now.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.