Author Topic: Hey!!! This is a great idea!!!  (Read 488 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Hey!!! This is a great idea!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 08:56:24 PM »
"Get a grip."

I think we have a grip.

It's somewhat disturbing that more than a dozen congressmen would willingly offer to surrender our election sovereignty in such a manner.  

J_A_B

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 09:06:32 PM »
This is probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a while and I think those that voted or suggested this should be shot for treason.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 10:14:11 PM »
Having independant observers at an election is fairly standard. They issue a report at the end stating whether they think it was free and fair and what if any problems occur. They can't actually overturn or modify the results in anyway.
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 10:17:28 PM »
Originally posted by Pei
Having independant observers at an election is fairly standard. They issue a report at the end stating whether they think it was free and fair and what if any problems occur. They can't actually overturn or modify the results in anyway.
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

C'mon Pei, please leave us Amurikens to our uninformed opinions. ;)
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 10:58:46 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Oh dear lord, 13 congressmen voted for a stupid-assed law!  

But I'll believe 95% of those polite, middle-of-the-road, "we're almost Republicans" delegates at the Democratic convention would have whole-heartedly agreed with and wildly applauded Ms Brown had she said this from the stage during the convention:

"Over and over again, after the election, when you stole the election
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 11:07:56 PM »
You're right, Republicans would never mindlessly play follow-the-leader.  The only thing dumber than a completely partisan politician is a completely partisan voter.  That holds equally true for a Democrat, Republican, whatever.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »
Yeah, SOB, I really do think those delegates were really as middle of the road as they were coached to be.

What's cool is that both parties learned from Bill to co-opt the other guy's position and pretend to be whatever it takes.

I'm so old I remember when parties actually staked out different territories in their party platforms and aruged with each other instead of "me too! me too!" -ing  their way into the hearts of Amurrikenz evarwhar.

Every once in a while though, like in this instance, the inner demon shines through.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 01:36:04 AM »
But cripes, are you all being as moronic as you are supposed to be?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2004, 08:57:36 AM »
Probably not. We leave that task to Canadians and Euros.

:p