Author Topic: Again on 30$ a month  (Read 862 times)

scotty12

Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 1999, 02:54:00 AM »
I'll make this short and simple.
I'm a health care worker.  Do you know what that means??  It means I'm not making the BIG
BUCKS at the present time.
20 dollars a month in some form or another would be great. Wouldn't you agree!
30 dollars a month is too much to ask of everyone in one lump sum. Think about it!
I can still fly all I want in warbirds free area, and 5 hours a month in Reg Arena.
I would be more than happy to cancel warbirds and come over here. However, some of us has to work for a living.
Also when some of our younger flyers finds out about this game, there parents are going to say WHAT!!! 30 dollars a month??? Are you crazy.  20 dollars a month and people would be more willing to handle.
After all I would like to see maybe 2 or 3 hundred people flying in the arean, not just 120 during peak hours.
Go Fiqure the math.

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 1999, 03:33:00 AM »
As long as I dont have to pay by the hour im happy. Anything under 60$ a month makes me a happy camper.

:-) Funked ya remember when I had that 300$+  bill ehh

------------------
Gijoey,Joetwo,JoeMud=me
 DHBG!!

funked

Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 1999, 03:45:00 AM »
Heheheh Joey I remember that!  I had $300 bills too, but I make more than you.  

How ya doin?  I'm out of flight sims till New Years or so, hope to see ya in the skies then.  <Salute>

Offline Duck

• Zinc Member
Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 1999, 11:52:00 AM »
Yeah, everybody wants a billing scheme
personlized for their particular flying
schedule and personal/country economic
status.  I'm pretty sure HTC could a year
developing this specialized billing system
and then dedicate 2 employees full time to
keeping it current. But I'd rather have them
develop the freakin sim than figure out 75
different ways to charge us.

So here's the reality..
Take the number of employees of HTC and
multiply by 150K$/yr.  Take the number of
customers and multiply by 120$/yr. To a
very rough order of magnitude, those are
your expenses.
Since the easiest billing system to implement
is flat rate, figure out the flat rate
required for this company to make money.
Also make sure to take into account the
maximum customer base.

They came up with 30$/month, which seems low
to me, but who am I to complain?

Regards,
Michael Carney aka duck

Sorrow[S=A]

Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 1999, 06:13:00 PM »
Funked: I pointed this out once before, the only feasable way of providing seperate rates for countries is to use foriegn banking to handle billing. In this case HTC would have the option of refusing Foriegn orders on credit cards, hence as long as your credit card is from the USA it would not be accepted under any of the other countries rates.

-soul-

Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 1999, 06:25:00 PM »
If those of you posting were flying, you would be getting your moneys worth

Cyas Up!

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 1999, 11:32:00 AM »
Hehehe. Doing good im back and as cross eyed as ever ;-)

------------------
Gijoey,Joetwo,JoeMud=me
 DHBG!!

tomldr

Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 1999, 05:59:00 PM »
On the big $30,

1. Free Market.  Yes, since we do live in a free market, they can charge whatever they want to.

2. Free Market.  I don't have to pay the 30.

Pretty simple, but I have some objections to the 30 dollar charge and my objections are specific to my budget.  Basically, I don't have the budget to be able to spend 360 a year on a game.  I'm not sure what the target audience is for this game, but someone somewhere thinks that the 30 dollar charge is acceptable.

Pragmatics may force the number down some.  A game would have to be quite amazing for me to think about dumping loads of cash and tons of hours playing it.  I think many are quicker to speak than to open their wallets and pull out the plastic.  It's a numbers game ultimately.  If you can get more players by having a pricing structure that reflects the current market structure than I would think that is better than trying to price yourself out as a "Country Club" flight-sim.

But again, this is a free market and this experiment may fly?  I hope it does.  I just won't be one of the ones donating my 30 dollars per month to see it work; I can't afford that.

Tom

P.S. That being said, I really appreciate the opportunity to beta test the product and to watch it grow up.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 1999, 06:23:00 PM »

Heck it costs $30 or more just to take the wife out to eat one night. That takes about one or two hours. How many hours do ya spend online playing Aces High in one month? If you are like me you probably play at least 20 hours. Seems like a bargain to me if the game keeps improving and evolving.

I come from the Warbirds camp and know how the hourly charge BS can cost BIG bucks. After playing warbirds so long the Aces High $30 a month flat rate is a friggin GODSEND.

For those of you who truely can't afford it, I've been there guys, and I know what its like. I know how it is to be broke, and it does truely suck.  

Quote...

---------------------------------------------
Ozymandias_KoK

One of the curses of this world is the syndrome where we want the greatest thing in the world for the price of the 10th place mediocre product. You can't have that extra nifty new SUV for the price of the used compact car. It simply doesn't work that way. Sorry.

------------------
TKoKFKA-OZDS-

---------------------------------------------

hblairthinks oz is dead on!  

BTW this excludes non US customers. I can see where $50 + is a little high.

Offline Scooter

• Zinc Member
Again on 30$ a month
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 1999, 07:18:00 PM »
Quit ya belly-acking $30 bucks is ok as long as we get good stuff right?!! We is either adults or we's aint. Thies guys here got big bolos and is spending lots to set this up for us to have fun and they deserve to have our support as long as we's all like it, right? and when its the best around (soon)and were all hopelessly addicted to it <grin> 30 bills will some how be found by all.   btw last month WB bill $189.00 US       love it -love it-love it   check six