Author Topic: Name of a movie  (Read 362 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Name of a movie
« on: August 12, 2004, 01:57:27 AM »
Anyone remember the Vampire set in modern day Las Vegas with Darren McGavin?  I can't remember the name of the darn thing and it's driving me nuts.

curly

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:07:21 AM »
Have a look here, it should be included;

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569000/

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 02:19:17 AM »
Originally posted by Glas
Have a look here, it should be included;

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569000/

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Thanks, Glas  - it was "The Night Stalker."  Unfortunately, it was a feature length movie for TV which evidently was the promo for the TV series "The Night Stalker."

Thanks again!

curly

Whoops, found it on the very page you directed me to. :)

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 02:59:50 AM »
That website (imdb.com) is superb for any info you want on movies, actors, TV programs.  Anything to do with the silver screen in fact :)

Glad to have helped.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:58 AM »
I used to love that show. If I remember correct the movie was set in Vegas but the series was in Chicago. Kolchak rocked.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 05:35:59 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
I used to love that show. If I remember correct the movie was set in Vegas but the series was in Chicago. Kolchak rocked.

Well, good news, rpm.  The movie ("The Nightstalker") which was used as an introduction to the tv series is being released on DVD August 26th so sez Barnes & Nobel.

curly

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 09:58:39 AM »
I loved that show too.  I remember that it used to be one of two shows run back-to-back on friday night.  It would be "The-Night -Stalker" and then Columbo one week, and then something else the next.

Called something like "Friday late night Double feature"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 10:01:34 AM by mosgood »

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 10:59:06 AM »
The "Night Stalker" series gave me nightmares as a child. I love to watch that series on the Sci Fi channel now and laugh at how silly things were that scared me.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 12:49:04 PM »
Mosgood, you are thinking of NBC's "Sunday Mystery Movie" from the late 60's thru the mid 70's. It was Columbo, SF Int'l Airport, McMillian & Wife and McCloud that rotated on a weekly basis.

The Night Stalker was on ABC.

Sunking is right. The things that were scary as **** on TV are pretty lame by comparison now. I guess Twilight Zone is one of the few old SciFi shows that still hold up.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Mosgood, you are thinking of NBC's "Sunday Mystery Movie" from the late 60's thru the mid 70's. It was Columbo, SF Int'l Airport, McMillian & Wife and McCloud that rotated on a weekly basis.

The Night Stalker was on ABC.

Sunking is right. The things that were scary as **** on TV are pretty lame by comparison now. I guess Twilight Zone is one of the few old SciFi shows that still hold up.

You forgot my favorite one in the rotation....

Hec Ramsey

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Name of a movie
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 01:03:52 PM »
You're right MT. Did'nt that replace SF Airport? Richard Boone was great in that and I completely forgot about it.
Stay thirsty my friends.