Author Topic: Lot of whining on AGW board about massive dumps  (Read 205 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Lot of whining on AGW board about massive dumps
« on: January 18, 2000, 02:53:00 PM »
Funny, I chose to finally close my WB account in late December due to the crappy connects and beacons I've always received since the move to NC.  Since playing AH in V.34, I've never once seen anyone warp, and I've never had a yellow beacon, been dumped once or twice, but so far and few that I can't even recall the last time it happened.  Now I'm sure there are those who have seen warps, for me they're non-existant.  Kudos to "the HTC team" for a connect well done.  Now if you just give me dots I can see outside of 9000 yards, you'll have  my 30 bones a month coming your way!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
-Rip1- VF-101 Grim Reapers (RET)
"There is no reason anyone would
want a computer in their home."
   Ken Olson, president, chairman and
founder of Digital Equipment Corp.,1977

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-18-2000).]

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2000, 03:44:00 PM »
I too closed my iKRAP account for the same reason, but I don't think I would call those posts "whines". Complaints about horrible connects in the order of magnitude seen in BrandW are very legit in my book.

Doesn't matter how good the game is if you can't play it.  

------------------
a.k.a. Kieren

"If you are the bait, more often than not you get bitten."

HaHa

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2000, 07:24:00 PM »
I closed my account (so I thought) over the internet about hmm 6 months ago. Then about 3 months ago my other half tells me I still have been paying for the damn thing! So I was mighty ticked off and had to call them up to cancel it.. damnit that was $30 I could of played AH for a month with that!

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2000, 08:32:00 PM »
Hmm, I went back and counted them all.  I counted 16 different IDS.  That equals what,
16 out of 5000 players?  Sounds like pretty good connects to me.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
Except, Gadfly, you must be assuming all players post at AGW, AND they all will complain the second their connect goes bad (granted, some do!).

I speak from personal experience; the connects there are terrible.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2000, 12:52:00 AM »
I second what kieren says, and closed my account for the same reason. All you had to do was head in the arena and just watch all the people dissapearing, 1, 5, sometimes 10 or 20 at a time. I guess they fixed it but I just gave up due to 1000 to 4000 ping times and after a month or 2 of not playing due to this I just closed the old account. Thankfully my connects to Aces High have been very good.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2000, 10:40:00 AM »
Go read the board this morning, and you will note some apologies.  Seems that it is sometimes(most often, if you ask me), the fault of the various ISP's, not iEN.

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
No, it's not. I have access to at least four (4) separate ISP's, and they all have the same results to iEN; trash.

We could debate this all day long; you obviously have made up your mind and will believe what you will. So have I. I was never dissatisfied with the product, only its delivery. I have also lost faith in the belief that iEN has the ability to solve their problems.

Hope for your sake I'm wrong, and am glad for you that you've had great connects. My assurance to you is that you are the only person I have heard say this in the last 6 months.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
 Again agree with kieren, I have tried 2 isp's with the same crappy results. I have tried those same 2 isp's from another line another computer with the same crappy results. "sprint and netcom in case you are wondering, with 2 different access numbers when trying netcom" I would get 1 or 2 weeks of good connects and then they would go to crap again for another month. Its been this way since they moved the servers to NC. I havent flown over there for over a month now, so maby they fixed it, unfortunatly it was too late for me.

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2000, 04:02:00 PM »

It's even worse than that,

iEN has had a year now, and not -one- new vehicle! Look what HTC has done in the same timespan. I had 4 isp's and none of them could connect for squat to iEN. I feel for the guys in N Carolina trying to make it work. When it folds, it's gonna be tuff finding a job. And it's gonna fold.