Author Topic: Waa! I can't wait 'til next week!  (Read 511 times)

Offline fats

• Copper Member
Waa! I can't wait 'til next week!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 1999, 01:50:00 AM »
--- vermillion: ---
Tsk tsk tsk.... all you LW dweebs forget about the N1K2 that will comeout at the same time
--- end ---

Actually I am hoping that the Fw 190 will prove to be a disapointment to the general masses and they would flock to the George.

And if you really think about the performance of A-8 it prolly won't be too popular in the current plane set. It will be outrun by planes that also out turn it... but it will definetly change the arena - it always did in WB RPS when it came, the guns are just so brutal you don't havta worry about anything as long as you have ammo left.

//fats

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 1999, 01:51:00 AM »

Actually I am hoping that the Fw 190 will prove to be a disapointment to the general masses and they would flock to the George.

Heh, this is almost sure thing to happen. It's easier for newbies to trust turning ability to get him out of trouble rather than avoid bad situations.

And if you really think about the performance of A-8 it prolly won't be too popular in the current plane set. It will be outrun by planes that also out turn it... but it will definetly change the arena - it always did in WB RPS when it came, the guns are just so brutal you don't havta worry about anything as long as you have ammo left.

Yup, all those who complain about brand W Fw 190 running away from slightest of problem, well, they should try it themselves someday. Sky full of Moostangs, Bolts and Lightings doesn't really make running an option.

Of course that's why you have that battery of cannons and gunnery friendly handling.

But then again every shot you make from forward quarter of enemy is of course no-skill-required head on attack.

------------------
Oblt. jochen 'Stern von Afrika' 2./ Jagdgeschwader 27 'Afrika'
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline JoeMud

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 1999, 12:00:00 PM »
<looks in storage bunker> Ah ha theres my cannons <dust cannons off> ok now weres the plane ive been waiting since before release.

------------------
Gijoey,Joetwo,JoeMud=me
 DHBG!!

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 1999, 03:26:00 PM »

Uh, you guys did see this quote above the screenshot in the News section didn't you?

"Here's a shot of the 190 that Natedog has been working on in addition to finishing up the gunner positions on the B-17. It's still incomplete and no longer looks like it will make it into the next version. "

Oh, I can already hear the wailing and knashing of teeth.  

Bring on the 190.. I need something to kill in my Jug.

Lephturn of the mighty Flying Pigs
"My P47 is a pretty good ship,
She took a round 'coming 'cross the channel last trip.
Just thinkin' 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip."  - Steve Earl

Offline Crapgame

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.we-know-whats-right.blogpsot.com
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 1999, 04:08:00 PM »
Lephurn,

What Steve Earle song is that from? Great verse...heh...and it's me who's waiting for the Jug...It's been my favorite plane since I read Thunderbolt! in the 4th grade. Clue me in on that tune though...I need some new music to fly by...

<S>
HARCrapgame
Hell's Aces Sqdn.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 1999, 09:17:00 PM »
The song is called "When Johnnie Comes Marching Home", and is off of the "Copperhead Road" album.  I have to pick it up someplace... there are more to those lyrics.  Only a small part of that song is about a WWII pilot (the protagonists father) and goes on about how he meets his wife and takes her back to the US after the war.  The remainder of the song is about how the protagonist comes home after Vietnam and there is no hero's welcome.

I will do more research to complete my quotation.  

BTW, I love the P47 as well.  It has big power, lots of guns, and is one of the toughest fighters ever built.  I always said it was the most "survivable" plane in WB due to it's ability to take damage and to outrun anything in a dive.

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs