Author Topic: Great fun to be had in the MA....  (Read 261 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Great fun to be had in the MA....
« on: August 19, 2004, 09:12:38 AM »
I'm so glad I came back to AH.

Last night was terrific!

My wingman and I flew an interdiction raid to A12 (I think) to knock out their barracks as we were swamped at our nearby bases. This was against the Bish who had about 190 to 150 player advantage.

We flew our Typhoons at 10K and were unopposed to target. Once over the enemy base, we fired our rockets but were quickly jumped by 2 P-47s!

The dogfight ensued and we shot down one enemy before my wingman was hit.

AS 2 more enemy planes upped, I dedided it was time to get out of dodge, but my only escape was north, into enemy territory. Now, I had a P47 close on my tail with no room to turn and fight, on the deck and closing.

I decided to do something suicidal and try and fly him through the trees. I picked out a small opening in the tree line and dove through it, dodging the jugs bullets all the way. He was 400 yards off me now and starting to score hits.

I made 2 hard turns in my makeshift trench, all the while humming the Star Wars theme. Apparently, the jug made a mistake as I saw him plow into a tree line with a blast.

My fuel leaking, I limped home with 5 mins of fuel remaining.

Nights like that are what Aces High is all about.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 09:16:08 AM »
Lol muckmaw.
Welcome back.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 09:26:46 AM »
Good to see folks coming back now that the former idiotic gameplay has been addressed. It was getting crowded on the sidelines!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Great fun to be had in the MA....
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 10:36:26 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
I made 2 hard turns in my makeshift trench, all the while humming the Star Wars theme.

lol...Rude does a great impression of the guy who says "Stay on target, stay on target" in the first SW movie.  He does this when we are heading in on a bombing run and there are bad guys about.:D
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 11:05:02 AM »
Got to agree...I wasn't on the side I expected but had a blast flying with the evil empire last night:D

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 11:07:27 AM »
I flew the other night for the first time in weeks -- and for the first time since the side-balancing changes.  The entire time I participated in a large, even-numbered furball between Knights and Bishops.  It was just a stone's throw to the action, and it went on for hours.

If that's the end result of the new side-balacing initiative, then I'm all for it.

-- Todd/Leviathn