Author Topic: Utter Crap  (Read 4908 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Re: oh yea
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2004, 11:39:59 PM »
Originally posted by dragoon
the strike mentioned was not a picket toting computer jockey. they are talking about throwing a cog in the system and i bet yall be laughing when that happens i bet yall be whining.

the strike they was talking about had nothing to do with your lame attempt at a laugh. they are talking about not playing, quitting and simply screwing with the system to make it hell on those who started this whining schitt.

Hmm - suprised you or your squad is still here with threats of hacking (a cog in, or screwing with the system). If that's what you mean. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2004, 11:47:26 PM »
Buzz - This would be a good idea apart from 1 thing.
Whats the difference if it take 3 flights of B17s or 9 P38s to kill a town when one country outnumbers the other by more than the six extra people needed? Plus the 9 P38s also act as fighters.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
Utter Crap
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2004, 12:00:25 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
I guess I didn't pour enough sarcasm on that post.....

Or, I was just in a serious mood when I read it.   :lol

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2004, 02:51:21 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Now i really dont understand why you people that fly (quoted from shane) "Gurl planes" learn to fly more interesting, and fun rides like the 109F4.  

i don't call any planes "gurl planes." i don't denigrate anyone's plane choice, only the weak-arsed way they fly them.

;)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Warp

• Zinc Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2004, 08:02:25 AM »

Do you think Dale is going to sit and e-mail everyone personally for every issue?  Ugh, that would take an entire new staff of people to accomplish.  

I still say hats off if for no other reason than they are actively pursuing a solution to the issue.  That in itself is a lot more than can be said for many online games.  I know the whole issue surrounding the "C" word as well and I dare anyone here to find an online, multiplayer game that has less cheaters and cheats in it than AH.  No one here can argue that HT and crew have one of the tightest games when it comes to that.  In addition, they still continue to advance the game, create new systems, setups, refine the play, the modeling, etc all the while maintaining a relatively cheat-free, highly dynamic game...and all with a relatively small crew.  Oh, and they don't charge us an arm and a leg to play either.  

Do we have frustratoins with the game?  You bet...I do, you do, everyone does for the most part, but IMHO it is still the best online war sim available...and getting better.

I think HT provided some good input when he said that everyone's solution to the numbers problem was centric ("doesn't impact me" is how he put it I think).  He may be right.  Unless we as the gaming group police ourselves and fix the numbers issues, he has no choice but to do it for us...as long as we continue to cry about it.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2004, 08:42:33 AM »
Originally posted by Warp

Do you think Dale is going to sit and e-mail everyone personally for every issue?  Ugh, that would take an entire new staff of people to accomplish.  

Well I don't know Warp.... I know he didn't on this issue.  However, I would suggest if you can program to the level evident in AH you could write a script that can send a general notice to the customers describing the issue at hand and solicit input.  Like I said... not everyone comes to the BBS on a regular basis. When we have major issues with the game / arena etc. and you are about to implement changes that affect the entire customer base..... is it bad business to make sure the customer base knows what the issues are.
?  I don't think so and I don't think it would be that difficult to do.  Heck even the low speed programmers I work with could pull that one off... and figure out a way to have a subject line or something that caused an auto sort when the replies came back.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2004, 08:56:36 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
You might wish to check your facts. And read the 6 page thjead of where I discused my proposal, than changed what I was thinking to a player submited one. Oh and that was done b4 we made the change.

That thread is where I found about the impending change....
as it sits today... (and I didn't count all ten pages..) but thru 5 pages.. you have input from about 120 individual people (give or take a few).  If we just accept that the increase of new posters will double that number by the end of 10 pages you have managed to get the involvement of 240 people.

Seems a pretty small sample for the number of customers you have.

My opinion of course.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Utter Crap
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2004, 09:17:38 AM »
I wish the ENY thing was not needed, but it was implemented due to the never ending whines of folks who demanded that something be done about the numbers imbalance. Ironically many of those who dislike this ENY setup are the very same ones (not all so calm down I was not referring to you :D) that were p1ssing and moaning about the hordes.

I wish HTC would put the issue to rest regarding the subscription base. Are the number of active accounts within 5% of where they were last year this time? If so, drop the talk about a dwindling player base once and for all.

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2004, 09:21:49 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
That thread is where I found about the impending change....
as it sits today... (and I didn't count all ten pages..) but thru 5 pages.. you have input from about 120 individual people (give or take a few).  If we just accept that the increase of new posters will double that number by the end of 10 pages you have managed to get the involvement of 240 people.

Seems a pretty small sample for the number of customers you have.

My opinion of course.

I got an idea, why don't you quit AH2, and create your own flight sim.  It's quite OBVIOUS you already know everything, and could focus your vastly superior intellect and abilities to creat a product that would stand heads and sholders abover what poor ole' Dale has done.

BUT until you do, leave the programming ideas to the guys that have experience in this kind of thing.  HT has created a product that is 2nd to none, and should be commended for all that he has accomplished.  What i've come to know after several year of flying here, is that eventually (generally sooner than later) it all gets worked out.

Your suggestion to send out mass emails with every change in the product is just plain silly.  Just because you CAN do something, does not mean that is the BEST thing to do.  BUT in the sim YOU create, you can email everyone what you had for breakfast each day, if you hang left or right, and send everyone neat little My Littly Pony cards on the subscribers birthday.

Your people skills are lackin' bub.  Had I been HT, after you flamed me on MY OWN BBS, I woulda told you to take your measly 14.95 and shove it.  (keep it up though, he still might...)  You need this game alot more than he need 15 bucks.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2004, 09:49:23 AM »
Enjoying the new system.

Re-subscribed.

I quit because of all the gang-banging.

Whether or not it works, I could not tell in the short time I played this weekend, but I had some great even fights with a whole new set of airplanes.

So Far...WTG HT.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2004, 10:10:03 AM »
"People like you form the play very hard to swallow. Don't you have to do moods nothing better than Ratenwhines and Flammesomeonesleid? Receive to one **** inleben you psycho sluts from hell. And if ya do not like it, receive to the Bumsen more rueber it already. More people post and play then straight they in such a way give which you the right to be Gesamtjerkoffs? Silence in, which tries, to represent it from me. Anyway I am patient of hearing your **** when trying to communicate a formal objection. All you had your probability whining and kept you your way real on... WTG!!!" - Originally posted by Dragoon

Loose translation folks.  

Dragoon, I'm tired of the whines on country channel (Rook) over this issue.  What pisses me off is when I tell them to hop in a different plane, you have people like Danld who will chime in and start cussing.  What I find funny?  It's like I said last night to him: "Had I agreed with the whines you typed, you wouldn't be arguing with me now would you?"  You don't have the sack to cuss in English.   I've been a Rook longer, and really am fed up with the way some now "blame" this patch for their lack of talent.  

The Me163 is the ONLY legitimate complaint for this ENTIRE ISSUE, if there is to be one complaint.  The niki is for sissies, and I used to fly the LGay7, now I fly the La5.   What it boils to is simple, you'd rather roll a Niki to a vulched field and be lucky to land 2 kills.  Where as I (and have done for the last 8 months) fly a higher enemy valued plane and land 3+.  You afraid to do some work and get perks.  But go ahead with your whining.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse.  I'm at my wits end with the whining.  This is sincerely pathetic.  

Karaya
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:19:23 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Re: at least
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2004, 10:11:53 AM »
Also, KJ714 you are of a squadron of known actuators. so what gives the right him to work their pig of the hammer? when the world finishes and we are all in hell that I bevel delay to be the first one to salute to him Veto to the excrement not to offer a flaming opinion and you buch of the excrement that strikes of the group who throws to putas

Actuators?

pig hammers?

bevel delays?

...and a few putas thrown in for good measure?

:eek:

"People like you form the play very hard to swallow. Don't you have to do moods nothing better than Ratenwhines and Flammesomeonesleid? Receive to one **** inleben you psycho sluts from hell. And if ya do not like it, receive to the Bumsen more rueber it already. More people post and play then straight they in such a way give which you the right to be Gesamtjerkoffs? Silence in, which tries, to represent it from me. Anyway I am patient of hearing your **** when trying to communicate a formal objection. All you had your probability whining and kept you your way real on... WTG!!!"

LMAO, I am really having a hard time telling if he is off his meds or on the wrong ones. Someone send some men in white coats and a bambulance to Dragoons cave...STAT.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:18:15 AM by Edbert »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2004, 11:17:42 AM »
Man, all I know at this point is that all the way through college I didn't write papers as long as some of these posts.

Offline Buzzz

• Zinc Member
Utter Crap
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2004, 07:24:26 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Buzz - This would be a good idea apart from 1 thing.
Whats the difference if it take 3 flights of B17s or 9 P38s to kill a town when one country outnumbers the other by more than the six extra people needed? Plus the 9 P38s also act as fighters.

Exactly right.  It would take 3 times as many heavy fighters to do the work that 3 guys in 17s could do.  Those fighters are flying heavy so until they drop they are not really in the furball action.  

Using plane restirction can not / will not / is not making even numbers in the arena as it is now.  Limiting buffs wouldn't even out numbers either.  It would just take a few more people off fighter sweeps and CAP duty and put them in "target" aircraft.  It would have a major impact on slowing down the land grab and make it so that if things got real uneven, one side is not going to blitz another totally off the map in short order.

You can't make the sides even.  Can't be done.  But this ability of restricting planes might have another use.  I'm just trying to find another application for this feature that might be worthwhile.  

-Buzzz

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Re: Re: at least
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2004, 07:40:34 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
Actuators?

pig hammers?

bevel delays?

...and a few putas thrown in for good measure?

:eek:

LMAO, I am really having a hard time telling if he is off his meds or on the wrong ones. Someone send some men in white coats and a bambulance to Dragoons cave...STAT.

Well Edbert, I swear I got a cab ride in NYC once and heard exactly the same thing.