Author Topic: HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please  (Read 786 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 05:01:45 PM »
Kweassa suggested perking the big 4 or 6 (a long time ago) and was met by on the whole howls of derision. Funny how times change.
Reset peoples perks - I can just imagine how that would go down,lol.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 05:11:41 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Bammer4

• Zinc Member
Open Letter to Hitech
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 05:20:43 PM »
Open Letter to Hitech
I pay good money to play this game and to fly these planes. I just watched 32 Bishops log off in the last 30 minutes (I made 33) in frustration. I refuse to pay you ANY MORE money if I cannot fly the planes.

LET ME MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I REFUSE TO PAY YOU ANY MORE MONEY UNTIL I CAN FLY THE PLANES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2004, 05:24:10 PM »
reset everbodys perks simple

I agree somewhat to this. I think resetting perks each camp would be good except I would start everyone out with for example 100 perks. I disagree with the disableing of the planes. I also feel the community should fix the numbers problem, Not HT. Jumping to another country to help even sides is fine, but then if the country I jump to, to help out or get to fly a certain plane becomes the country with numbers then once again I am not allowed to fly any plane I want. If you could change sides as often as you like then I wouldn't have a problem with disableing or raising perk prices or any other method you come up with. I am sure some will say that if you can constantly change sides that Spies will be jumping back and forth, That is probably true. So after further thought to slow this, maybe make it so your change time is an Hour or 2. 12 to 24 is way to long a period if the reason I am country jumping is to either help them or because one wants to fly a certain plane that is unavailable. Not sure there is a perfect solution to this problem. Which to me about the only time I really see a Bad numbers problem is on Sunday nites. But that is just my opinion.

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2004, 05:27:51 PM »
Thought the country change was now down to 6hrs?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2004, 05:28:16 PM »
Well done banner SFCHONDO.

You make it ??
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2004, 05:44:50 PM »
Kev if that's correct, thanks for the info. I was under the impression it was 12 or 24 hrs.

Thanks NoPoop, Yes; I made my Sig.

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: HTC - Perk the Disabled? Please
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2004, 05:49:12 PM »
Originally posted by Midnight
HT.. I'll admit that the only reason I care about your new side balancing idea is because I fly the P-51D all the time. If it is disabled, then I have to start jumping countries to fly it.

May I suggest, that rather than disabling said aircraft, how about turn them into perk planes?

Using the same code that would trigger the planes to be disabled, just turn on perk values for them at a reasonable starting price - in the range of the F4U-C.

Of course then, if the number disparity becomes greater, the price for the perks goes higher, as it does with all other perk planes currently.

I think by this means, you will effectively accomplish the same thing because people can switch sides to fly them for free, but dedicated squads or players that only fly a certain aircraft won't have to switch countries if they are willing to pay the perk price.

How about it?

it kinda wont work tho, because right now, its easy to earn perks but hard to lose them... if ALL planes had a perked value expect the 60-35 range, then it will be better imo......Each time you loose a P51D/La7/Nik it SHOULD hurt you, or/and your country..... afterall everything costs something right? And even with a small perk value, once the numbers get OTT you end up with really expensive planes, forcing most people to fly older planes, or they risk there points. This means that when they are down on numbers they might try earning more perks, moving AH from the 1945 arena we have now, to maybe 1942/3? = more fun?
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2004, 05:55:15 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
someone who knows perks will fail because as you can see, the perk multiplyer failed.

the perk multiplyer has failed because theres no "fave" planes perked, so its easy to have a massive perk point balance.

if all planes was perked in some way then the perk multiplyer would work......

lets say at default a 262 is 200, and we make a P51 60perks... If rooks get there 100 player advantage, and there 262 now costs 400, and there p51 costs 120, do you think people are going to fly it?

yes while there massive perk bank is full, and at least they have the choice compaired to the new system. but it will cost them if they loose it, meaning they have to do 2 or 3 109F4 sorties (just an example) before they can fly it again.

perks need to be USED more to make the perk multiplyer work
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2004, 06:36:28 PM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
I thing you make a great point NoBaddy. We just don't know yet whether ENY disabled planes are going to "balance numbers" in the MA. The stats aren't in yet.  We don't know enough yet to say whether this solution is going to "fix" an imbalance problem.

Outside factors are going to impact these stats, though. School is starting for many of the players in here and numbers are going to continue to change (at least for certain periods of the day) for two more weeks still before they settle down again.

Heck, I have tried to point out to numerous complainers that the code was not even a day old and asked that they give it a chance...to no avail :(.

Sorry, but, school will be back in for all 3 countries and not for just one. It shouldn't make any difference (unless you subscribe to Zazen's contention that all the bish are juveniles :D).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Ironblade

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2004, 07:00:42 PM »
Salute ALL
Wow are things that bad in the Bish And Knight camps that we have to restrict aircraft flown by paying customers I thought we all had the same opportunity to up the same planes ?
I fly the p51D such as Midnight thats all I fly but who cares are the Bish and Knights Not allowed to fly it?
Why have we come to this point I can remember when the Rooks were always out# I have nothing against the Knights or Bish I just joined the Rooks because they were always the underdog seems over time things worked out .
why not wait instead of driving off paying customers?
Hay St. Boys

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2004, 07:27:51 PM »
Why are people assuming its only affecting Rooks. This afternoon Bish were limited to 16 or higher ENV for quite a while. Solution, I just flew a different aircraft, no biggie. Sooner or later it will affect Knits also.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 07:32:39 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Why are people assuming its only affecting Rooks. This afternoon Bish were limited to 16 or higher ENV for quite a while. Solution, I just flew a different aircraft, no biggie. Sooner or later it will affect Knits also.

Kev...

It did last night. Had a squaddie asking about it because he couldn't drive his usual pony D. He just chose another plane :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 07:38:57 PM »
Hi NB, it did?
Funny though, the almost lack of whines on ch200 when its Knits or Bish being affected. We just get on with it.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 07:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Hi NB, it did?
Funny though, the almost lack of whines on ch200 when its Knits or Bish being affected. We just get on with it.

:D
NoBaddy (NB)

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 07:59:53 PM »
Makes no difference to me if HT keeps or gives up this systym cause the guys that fly timid are gonna do it in whatever ride is imposed upon them.
We still see hordes---just different icons.

It's a shame to see so many players getting thier panties in a bunch without giving it a fair chance.
Same time would be a shame to see players leave cause that takes development cash from HTC.

There is no way in Hades that the majority player base will ever be satisfied with the process of evelution that is required to keep the game interesting.

We are rarely fortunate in todays service industry to have the libertys provided by HTC to be involved with  delveloping thier product to suit our enjoyment.