Author Topic: Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Couple things that need to be done to make this setup suck even worse
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 11:24:33 PM »
Ki61 much dangerous opponent for USN than A6Ms but most "japs" fly in Zero and whine that nobody turnfight with them :rolleyes:
Ki still suck anyway, but at least it has chances to obtrude fight upon "blue planes".
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2004, 01:07:10 AM »
Ki61 a lot like P51B, but most peeps don't recognize it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2004, 02:27:46 AM »
Show me grits.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2004, 04:04:16 AM »
I think the Ki-44 would be a fine fighter for 1943...and I do realise it does a few things better than a Ki-61 (accelerates way better, hmm, dunno about that), but...I have a problem with it being touted as "if we only had the Ki-44, PAC 43 setups would be so much better", because thats just bunk. Its *comparable* to a Ki-61, its not some uber plane. Yes, I would like to see it added in AH nonetheless. As for the Ki-43, that one too, but its hardly going to be a cure for an F4U-1, its just way too slow. I will say this again, in 1943 the best overall fighter in service with the IJ forces was the Ki-61 Tony, and its a "realistically workable" fighter vs the 1943 Allied fighter and bomber types.

I don't see the P-38F or the P-39D in the set either, so saying that the IJ set has all these holes in the planeset is just a bit choosey. There are holes in all the sets, thats too bad, but its just the way it is.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 04:19:59 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2004, 09:27:10 AM »
I am getting better at IL2/FB
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2004, 09:49:15 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

You go goil! :D

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2004, 10:17:02 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Yeah, me too.  And since I fly it most during weeks that aren't Pac setups in the CT, I get a heckuva lot more practice than you.

Moral of the story: We all have our faves. How about we not complain about the setups? just fly'em if you like'em; don't if you dont.

Splash1

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2004, 12:03:03 PM »
Originally posted by Dennis
Yeah, me too.  And since I fly it most during weeks that aren't Pac setups in the CT, I get a heckuva lot more practice than you.

Moral of the story: We all have our faves. How about we not complain about the setups? just fly'em if you like'em; don't if you dont.

Splash1

who is complaining??

:)

maybe a few more jap planes will make pac more interesting for me - maybe not

fwiw imo 2 weeks of any planeset/map is one week too long for CT
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2004, 12:30:08 PM »
TrueKill, Fork and I flew F4Us for more than a few sorties and we had no problems landing kills in them while turning with the Zeros.  The only times I died were due to the great collision model in this latest patch which kills you within d100.  The allied flyers are just pansies thats all.  The F4U is a good enough turn fighter at full flaps working the throttle and using the rudder.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2004, 12:38:17 PM »
I have to disagree.  1v1, no it is not good enough.  However, when I fly Axis, I tend to see 4 or 5 high Allied planes bore n zooming 1 or 2 lower Axis planes.  In those situatiuons, yes, the F6F and F4U are manueverable enough to actually fight, but none of them ever do.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
allied flyers are just pansies thats all.

is that anything like "farm boi opportunists"...?

storch

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2004, 01:05:24 PM »
Originally posted by Urchin
I have to disagree.  1v1, no it is not good enough.  However, when I fly Axis, I tend to see 4 or 5 high Allied planes bore n zooming 1 or 2 lower Axis planes.  In those situatiuons, yes, the F6F and F4U are manueverable enough to actually fight, but none of them ever do.

Just defeated 1 A6M and a Kate in the Kitty with no trouble at all and they both had alt advantage on me.  Landed the kills because I was all shot up then re-upped in the Hog and killed another A6M that had alt on me with an 800m long burst.  I took out his engine and he was forced to ditch giving me the kill.  I could have shot him down deadstick but opted to take the high road.

You allies are weenies.  Learn to fly your equipment.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2004, 01:18:48 PM »
Eagler, Dennis do you guys fly IL-2 Online?  Or just the box single player?

Stream

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2004, 01:43:14 PM »
Originally posted by storch
TrueKill, Fork and I flew F4Us for more than a few sorties and we had no problems landing kills in them while turning with the Zeros.  The only times I died were due to the great collision model in this latest patch which kills you within d100.  The allied flyers are just pansies thats all.  The F4U is a good enough turn fighter at full flaps working the throttle and using the rudder.

Its not always about dogfighting:rolleyes:

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2004, 01:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Show me grits.

You kill me easily no matter what planes we are in, that wont prove anything. :)