Author Topic: Collission Model  (Read 290 times)

Offline KaK3MAW

• Zinc Member
Collission Model
« on: August 14, 2004, 01:32:13 AM »
OH MY GOD, please tell me this is an abheration??  two planes closing at speed over 400mph , collide, one loses a wing and the other flies away unhurt, this game is getting further from realism withn every patch.  Either make both planes die in EVERY collision or turn them off.  A few buffers  whine that  no collissions are making a few more of their drones die.... big deal, they already have  arcade gunnery and damage modeling.
 I  lost half my plane from "collission" when i wasnt even 100 yds  near the plane i T shot.
  cant wait for the next 'FIX'
KaK3

'If it aint broke, get out the hammer'

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Collission Model
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:13:28 AM »
I lost half my plane from "collission" when i wasnt even 100 yds near the plane i T shot.

sure a part blown off didn't clip ya wing?  debris of some sort maybe

For the short period I had chance to log in tonight, I kind of liked the collision model.

telstar said he clipped my wing, I didn't see it.he lost his wing and  crashed....

I had  around 8 different planes come in trying to Head On, but the neat thing was around 1k out they rolled out  or tryed to dodge from fear of the collision....this is what I like.......no more fly right through the plane hoping his bullets kills ya before u him....

So it makes it easier to setup a lead turn verses  trying to dodge the insistant Head On flyer, the one where every time you adjust to be out of plane he adjust to be right back infront of you simply to gain a Head On shot.....

also like the fact that the buffs can't hit you when the counter says 1.5k out like they did in patch 7, in patch 7 the buffs could fill you with lead at that range and u couldn't get a hit sprite!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 02:15:54 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Telstar

• Copper Member
Collission Model
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 10:41:31 AM »
TC

Although i didn't have film running, i'm sure that was an unintentional collision after thinking about it some, sorry for the ram comment made in the heat of the moment,

If i remember correctly .... i came up behind you, where you spotted me and reversed we did a couple of passes cold and i eventually got a shot at your right wing, after that you made some really tight reversals and i closed distance between each one, untill the last one, you did the reversal as you had previously, but this time as you came over the top i was right underneath you. bang!, wing falls off.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Collission Model
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 10:47:05 AM »
Is np telstar,  the way you was closing on each reversal you might have gotten me had it not been for the collision,  was good flying right up to that point......

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
Re: Collission Model
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 10:54:13 AM »
Originally posted by KaK3MAW
OH MY GOD, please tell me this is an abheration??  two planes closing at speed over 400mph , collide, one loses a wing and the other flies away unhurt, this game is getting further from realism withn every patch.  Either make both planes die in EVERY collision or turn them off.  A few buffers  whine that  no collissions are making a few more of their drones die.... big deal, they already have  arcade gunnery and damage modeling.
 I  lost half my plane from "collission" when i wasnt even 100 yds  near the plane i T shot.
  cant wait for the next 'FIX'
KaK3

'If it aint broke, get out the hammer'

Geez KAK.. you keep up these posts I'm going to have to buy you a beer.

HTC has currently lost the bubble and the community is paying the price.  

Increased the gunnery difficulty ... which of course would make one have to get closer... or fire for a longer period ... (which usually means get closer) ... and then add the increased collisions....

Brilliant idea....

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Collission Model
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 11:05:49 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
Geez KAK.. you keep up these posts I'm going to have to buy you a beer.

HTC has currently lost the bubble and the community is paying the price.  

Increased the gunnery difficulty ... which of course would make one have to get closer... or fire for a longer period ... (which usually means get closer) ... and then add the increased collisions....

Brilliant idea....

I Agree this is Crazy. Hope they fix this

Crims
479th Raiders
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Collission Model
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 11:25:50 AM »
Originally posted by crims
I Agree this is Crazy. Hope they fix this

Crims
479th Raiders

6 sorties tonight - 6 collisions

I'm hoping they just tweaked it a bit too  far. :)
I come from a land downunder

Offline rusgates

• Zinc Member
Collission Model
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2004, 05:49:52 PM »
How come I never see 1/2 the guys that post in here. thats why we got this in the first place... hitech go to chnle 200 and ask what people think that are playing. Just a thought

Offline KaK3MAW

• Zinc Member
Collission Model
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2004, 11:39:35 PM »
Originally posted by rusgates
How come I never see 1/2 the guys that post in here. thats why we got this in the first place... hitech go to chnle 200 and ask what people think that are playing. Just a thought

My experience with HT on channel 200 is they are overwhelmed with questions and selectively answer  individuals and cant answer everyone, and at times they get offended and can be rude and offensive about criticism about their 'baby', which is only reasonable i guess. I think they have a select 'core group' to get feedback and everyone else play the results.
KaK3
p.s. i think mopst of the core group are buffers:)

Offline rusgates

• Zinc Member
Collission Model
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 12:41:49 AM »
true if seen it... everything from why is my puter green to my mom said... but still most of the people that post in here I have never seen.. and kak ya know i log some hours in :).. O btw "S" to the MAW. Implament a change then see what people are saying in the game when ya dive on a spit from the rear have a clean shot and you die something is wrong.