Author Topic: If you LIKE the new system... post here  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Bammer4

• Zinc Member
If you LIKE the new system... post here
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2004, 10:58:26 AM »
Originally posted by Sable
I also love it.  The few times that the numbers were getting too far out of whack the La-7s and P-51D suddenly disappeared.  It was still possible for us to put up a fight and it didn't degenerate into the 5 hour vulch fest.  After about an hour the numbers were back to even and everybody was flying what they wanted to again.

The only reason you got to fly your preferred plane again was because 20-50 of your countrymen logged off in disgust.

Not a good way to stay in business.  Having your customers leave angry 50 at a time.

BT

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2004, 11:06:59 AM »
Happy Camper, here

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 11:09:14 AM »
*shrug*
There's a new system? :D

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 11:17:36 AM »
The new system is good but needs tweaking..  I think a perk system would be the best solution and either resetting perks on monthly basis or having a perk cap say maximum of say 300-400 perks (2 262 missions, if you land your aircraft you dont lose your perks so dont whine yet...)  would be the best solution...

Other than that...  system seems to be working..  

I also think strategic targets is the way to disable planes..( like aw spit factory)

2 cents..

DoctorYo

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2004, 11:22:44 AM »
I posted in both threads, but I like the new system for the most part.  It forces folks to fly new rides, but the perk planes are disabled if your team has an advantage.  The prices of the perk planes are already high if you have an advantage, so they should always be enabled, or we are contradicting the perk system.  Since you have to purchase those rides anyway, and the costs fluctuate depending on the numbers, I think they should always be enabled.

:D

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2004, 11:30:42 AM »
I have no problem with the new system.

Still have a whack of fun.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Crashy

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2004, 11:35:19 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
What if you don't care either way  - does that count ? Was happy before , am still happy now .

I'm with Redd on this. Though it was cool see a bunch of P47's
and other medium ENY planes hitting a base I was at (A8 I think) last night.

I've only been back for a week and was already tired of seeing La-7's, P-51D's and Fw-190D-9's.

Don't really care about numbers balance, prefer being on the side with least numbers anyway. It's a bit harsh when trying to re-learn, but it is intense and fun.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2004, 01:01:04 PM »
I love it. :aok
last night I was at A9 and a lage group of F6F's came runin in. That was great!! I think the plane diversity will shoot up and I hope it dose as I fly the low end ones all the time but hardlly see others flying them.
  I think though the perk planes should be left alone as they already cost somthing so I'm guessing few people could afford to fly perk planes all the time.

Am I wrong??? just a thaught.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2004, 01:09:32 PM »
I dont have a problem with it so far. So....I guess I like it :)
It has not hindered me at all this weekend. It's not often that the knights have had planes unavailable but when it does, I just flew something else. No big deal. The only thing that may concern me is not having 163's available near HQ.

Several of my favorite rides have high eny values anyways :D

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2004, 01:13:08 PM »
Urch - I think it's just fine. I have just come from a session fighting the er... well, I never notice what chesspiece it was. I was F6F and F4U up from CV41. When the time came that the field we were hitting (A23?) was almost down, I tried to up a CHog because of some GVs they had lying around. Min ENY value was 7, so no CHog for me. OK, np - I'll stick with the 1D. It was OK. I left the main group to go after a ju87 - got it, but then I had an LA7 on me. No problem with that. I tried a barrel roll, but he got me. But I felt that if the balancer allowed him to fly an LA7 that it was a fair contest.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2004, 01:29:48 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
I didn't even notice it.  

Hell, the fighter hangers get knocked down so fast these days  that all planes are unavailable a lot of the time lolh.

What happened to the days of ole where the good squads would come in cap a base and take the field without killing th FH?

Can't hit fuel, thats what happened

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2004, 01:30:45 PM »
Havent noticed the new system, my favorite rides, the P47D-11, F4U-1, C205, F4F-4, 109F-4 and 190A-5 are always available but even if they werent I'd find something to fly.

I think Widewing stated the case pretty clearly.

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2004, 01:52:40 PM »
Mark me down as "LIKE" for the new system!:aok

Offline peregrin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2004, 01:54:50 PM »
I love it.  As a knight, even we were limited some while last (sunday) night.  I never before saw such an interesting mix of opposing planes as when rooks were up on numbers, Zeros, 190s, f4us....  It was a beautiful thing.
--Peregrine.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »
If you like the new system clap your hands, clap your hands.
If you like the new system clap your hands, clap your hands.

If you like the new system, If you like the new system, If you like the new system, clap your hands, clap your hands.

If you don't like the new system go F@#K Yourself.
If you don't like the new system go F@#K Yourself.
If you don't like the new system, If you don't like the new system, If you don't like the new system, go F@#K Yourself.
:D :lol :rofl

I couldn't help it, no offense to you guys that don't like the new system.