Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 2043 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
What to do?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2000, 11:02:00 AM »
Thanx for the input guys, I think I'm gonna keep playing WB's for at least a while longer, Although I play Aces High about twice as much as WB's now.  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
What to do?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
<Pulls up a chair for hblair>

Welcome to the ranks of the fence sitters, hblair.  

I just gave HTC my CC info yesterday, so I'm officially in for the long haul. That being said, I will not desert my squaddies whom have been with me for many years over in WB. About a third of my squad in Wb runs Mac OS, so we've decided to keep the squad in Warbirds.

I've decided to fly both, taking on a different callsign/personna here in AH. I can't see myself dropping WB anytime soon, unless HTC devises some kick-fanny strat and builds an "HA" type of arena, complete with historical plane matchups and historic organized events.

AH: banana **MOL**
WB: -baxl- CO *Pale Riders Squadron*

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
What to do?
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
Ya know I think it would be great for those who could afford it to pre-pay for the first 3 months.  ($90.00US)  That'd be a open symbolic commitment to give this community a go and give HTC a nice solid cash infusion from the starting line.

Thats what I'll be doing.

Regards,
Wab  
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
What to do?
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2000, 08:58:00 PM »
I cancelled my WB account after gifting a large amount of $$$ to the owner of WB since (well not including) the CK beta days.

Come Xmas the servers fell over, connects turned to toejam. IEN totally ignored the cries of 'pull yer finger out yer arse'.

I cancelled my account, not so much as a thankyou goodbye we'll improve it.Quality of Service at IEN could be described on a piece of used toilet paper. I voted with my wallet and haven't looked back since.

They're all a bunch of HO-dweeb-help-desk-operators I tell ya!

Plus the density per square metre of sheep is higher in AH.

-vlkn- in.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
What to do?
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2000, 09:05:00 PM »

Originally posted by -raxx-:
Even when Vulcan calls me a "dorklander" and I taunt back about "his IQ being low enough to start a career as a politician".

In summary I could have said AH is fun and the connects to WB suck but then I'm known for my verbosity =)

Spotcha in the Air

It is worth noting that Raxx lives in a part of NZ called Auckland, this particular zone has an extremely low O2 level (theory is the methane from the BS that comes from Dorklanders displaces O2), such so that we all refer to them as Dorklanders. Dorkland is also seen by most Kiwi's as an honourary part of Australia.

-vlkn- in.

[This message has been edited by Vulcan (edited 02-03-2000).]

Offline -raxx-

• Copper Member
What to do?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2000, 08:27:00 PM »
In the back of the room Raxx studiously polishes a brilliantly shining brass and silver plated flamethrower.  The mirror shine finally reflects a look of satisfaction when he looks up for a moment and notices that Vulcan has finished vandalising the blackboard with his crayons and is trying to sneak out of the room unnoticed.
Decyphering the chicken scrawl that Wellingtonians refer to as "Kaweenz Inglitsh", Raxx ponders for a moment and then relaxes back into his chair.

"It's not really a battle of wits when Vulcan is always unarmed", Raxx mumbles and starts to doze off into dreams of a FW 190 roaring across a clear blue sky while bishop fighters scatter below like startled quail.

[fade back to reality]....
I flew my last squad night in WB on Sunday and left after an hour coz the connects went to shyte again.  Predictable really =P

Spotcha in the Air