Author Topic: AH2 no worky! AARRRRGGGHH!!  (Read 302 times)

VWE

AH2 no worky! AARRRRGGGHH!!
« on: August 16, 2004, 02:59:30 PM »
Dell 4300S
1.7 P4
512 Ram
64 meg GForce2 MX

When I start AH2 I get a white screen for a few seconds and then I'm back to my desktop. Is this an older card that doesn't support T&L? Any suggestions? :confused:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »
You may just need to update to the latest NVidia video driver.   Here are the steps for this.

1) Go to http://www.nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your video card. Be sure to save the file on your hard drive and not to your desktop.

2) After the download is complete, note the location of the file as you will need it later. Shut down any and all programs and get to the Windows desktop.

3) Press the "Start" button on the taskbar.

4) Select the "Settings" option.

5) Go to the "Control Panel".

6) Open the "Add/Remove Programs" ICON.

7) Find the "NVidia Display Driver" in the list. NOTE: It could be named something else, based on the actual model/brand of card you have.

8) Remove the driver and Windows will want to reboot. Do so.

9) During the reboot, Windows will detect the video card driver and try to load the driver again. Make sure to cancel this operation. Do not let Windows re-install the driver.

10) Now you should be in VGA mode, which makes the screen look a bit ugly.

11) Find the file you downloaded from NVidia's WEB site and execute it (double-click).

Answer the questions, reboot when prompted, and you are done.

It is not a daunting procedure, but it does require a methodical approach.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

VWE

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 10:56:16 PM »
Yeah, it worked... just added my 15 bucks to the pool. :aok  tanx for da help, i'll buy ya a Shiner Boch at the con.