Author Topic: HT left a bone for us to chew on  (Read 509 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
HT left a bone for us to chew on
« on: August 16, 2004, 11:09:04 PM »
Though I think its easy to miss things at the rate posts are going up.
Originally posted by hitech
Might be able to define it as distance from HQ. Then the farther you move lines from HQ the higher ENY values only would be availible. Just another scale opertation base on that distance.

This also has the added advantage of increasing avergy flight time to enemy. Which is also a very odds evening force.

HiTech
I really havnt liked many of the zone idea's Ive seen.  Mainly because they just ensure that the low ENY planes will be comming with major alt because they couldnt take off from the front line.  

This one is kind of different.  If the high number country is on your HQs doorstep, the low ENY fighters are no factor.  If you're on the high numbers HQs doorstep, they have the planes to properly defend themselves.  

The availibility of the low ENY planes would decrease the farther you go from HQ.  I dont have a problem with that scenerio.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:55:07 PM »
I think he already said it would move with the border in an earlier post.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 12:00:19 AM »
You'll still have the same problem -
If 2 countries are close to a reset, they generally have the numbers advantage. Both countries start hitting the 3rd country.
So if it 150,150,100 thats still 300 v 100 (extreme but just an example), doenst matter what plane the other 2 countries are flying I'd bet on a reset 99% of the time.

The current ENV modifier is the only thing (long term) that will get people to change countries. Us Bish have already picked up quite a lot of additions.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:29:40 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
You'll still have the same problem -
If 2 countries are close to a reset, they generally have the numbers advantage. Both countries start hitting the 3rd country.
So if it 150,150,100 thats still 300 v 100 (extreme but just an example), doenst matter what plane the other 2 countries are flying I'd bet on a reset 99% of the time.

The current ENV modifier is the only thing (long term) that will get people to change countries. Us Bish have already picked up quite a lot of additions.
Huh?  That was as if I said the sky was blue, and you said no, the grass is green.  This is the current ENY modifier, except that it has less effect on fields close to HQ.  The main difference is that if a country is cornered to a few fields, and at prime time people log on to give that country numbers, they have planes enough to work themselves out of the hole.  As they push the front lines back, those planes become less and less a factor due to range.  

In your scenerio nothing is different at all.  Sure, you could up an La7 near the south HQ on pizza, but it wouldnt do you any good if the front lines are on the other pieces of the pie.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 12:32:50 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
I think he already said it would move with the border in an earlier post.
If that were the case I would be aginst it, and it would effectively make the current system usless.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 12:50:23 AM »
See your point, what happens, as in trinity for e.g (seems to happen a lot) when the countries 3 or so remaining fields are far away from HQ?
Also seen countries ignore fields around HQ to defend other ones, seems to be a large map anomoly.
Way back on the last Trinity reset, the remaining fields were by tank town, long way from HQ (cause we Bish have to have access to tnak town :) ).
Original idea is logical, till you remember the MA is not a logical place.

Agreed though moving it with the border defeats the whole puropose of having it in the 1st place.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 12:54:17 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 01:01:42 AM »
Sounds like people have to begin looking after their HQ:s :)  That is very good and quite logical and realistic too ;)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 01:08:43 AM »
You mean there is logic in the MA!!!!
I must be in the wrong one.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 01:33:56 AM »
I did not say that they will begin to look after their HQ:s ;)  I only said that it would be logical if they had to.
If they will, then there may be some logic. I have not seen it yet either.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 01:45:21 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

A few perhaps. but VERY few and not enough to make a difference.
Rooks managed to put up 216 players on sunday by my account.
Knight numbers increased..a bit to 160 at one point.

Only reason rooks didnt succeed it barracks were killed and they havent found the right formula yet. And they havetn been as cohesive as they have been in the past
They will..give it time
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 02:34:47 AM »
i think the whining will go to new hights with this
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 02:46:49 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Sounds like people have to begin looking after their HQ:s :)  That is very good and quite logical and realistic too ;)
That works :)