Author Topic: Another idea  (Read 357 times)

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Another idea
« on: August 18, 2004, 12:49:29 AM »
If the system is ever changed back, our squads would volunteer to switch countries from the rooks to wherever. (shiznot 1 and 2)

If it would change things...would any other rook squads be willing to move countries?

The system was posed to even it out a bit. Rooks still seem to have numbers and not many has moved if any? <----not sure on this one but i believe this to be so. Switching because of the system means that you will still have to go without sometimes.

That "enabled" message you see in country status might go to "disabled" if we agree to even the game out.? .

Just a wild thought but maybe HTC is waiting for players to balance the game. Then restrictions will be lifted.?. My idea is if enough players volunteer to move, (enough to at least roughly balance the game) then we will not have to go anywhere until its given a yes. I for one would rather see this happen then the restrictions stay with us.

Would any squad be intrested?

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Another idea
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 07:33:59 AM »
It was squads like yours and the Regulators along with several others that once they switched to Rook the problem had begun to grow muh worse. I always say, the more the merrier, but unfortunetly that's just not the case here. .

Your squad being faily large (Both combined total 30 layers) really didn't help the numbers thing what so ever. Just how many of them actually play the game enough to impact MA balance is another story.

This thing will work itself out sooner or later. Everything always does. But I would be willing to bet that if your squad along with the others that made the move to Rooks returned to their original countries, we'd see this problem get fixed a while lot faster.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Another idea
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 07:37:38 AM »
Problem? I see no problem. Im neautral. I could go perfectly fine with the new implementation, and I could do fine without it. I tend to see a few more early war planes, thats pretty cool. Gotta look on the bright side of things, it's not all that bad. Maybe hop the fence sometime and come join us folk who are enjoying the game instead of bashing every "change" that is made.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another idea
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 08:21:21 AM »
Originally posted by dragoon

Just a wild thought but maybe HTC is waiting for players to balance the game. Then restrictions will be lifted.?.  

LOL When the game balances there is no restricitions to "lift". :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Another idea
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 12:20:12 PM »
I'll stay Rook unless a.) The Cactus Air Force switches, b.) I leave the squad.  Or c.) I choose to fly with a few friends in Bishland and get away from the fingerpointing on ch.2.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Another idea
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 12:54:10 PM »
Dragoon - If the system is changed back our squad would volunteer to move.

Why not just move now?
Why didn't you move before the system change?
Why did it take the change to make you consider moving?

Seems like it takes changes to make people even consider a move may be in order.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Another idea
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »
when migrating form WB--why did the 367th setup shop in overpopulated bish land?  

Originally posted by Kev367th

Why not just move now?

Seems like it takes changes to make people even consider a move may be in order.

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Another idea
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 02:36:30 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

Why not just move now?

the reason we dont move now is cause even if we did we are still prone to the same restrictions. and when HT started the thread we all agreed that if it happened we would move. then a few days later it did. but we thought it would be limited to the rooks only and not the whole arena. this is why we dont move now and didnt move then. we decided to wait and see if it really happened and it did. i cant say that it is my squads fault this happened. we are part of the problem yes. and we are willing to be part of the solution.  give this thread a chance and see what happens. if it dont work out then back to square one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 03:07:48 PM by dragoon »

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Another idea
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 02:59:37 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
It was squads like yours and the Regulators along with several others that once they switched to Rook the problem had begun to grow muh worse. I always say, the more the merrier, but unfortunetly that's just not the case here. .

Your squad being faily large (Both combined total 30 layers) really didn't help the numbers thing what so ever. Just how many of them actually play the game enough to impact MA balance is another story.

This thing will work itself out sooner or later. Everything always does. But I would be willing to bet that if your squad along with the others that made the move to Rooks returned to their original countries, we'd see this problem get fixed a while lot faster.

your right except for a few points. if we moved before anthing happened, we would still have to deal with the restrictions. a few months ago we switched to the rooks. we would gain alot of players in the squad in doing so. so we moved and we gained, got up to 32 members and started squad number 2. our squad has a big mix of players from older squads. most of them are loyal rooks. i may be their co but i cannot tell them to just up and move. they did whoever agree to move if things were different. i agree that the rooks have tooo many players wether they really effect the game or no. reason i say this is is cause or a thread i read a few days back. someone had broken down the numbers of the rooks vs. the nits and bish. something about when the rooks have numbers we are divided between the nits and bish. i think that guy had a good point here.

some of us would actually love to move but there again we have alot that dont want to. one thing we agree on is if things change we will move no hassles. although you guys may or may not see a problem here there is one. im simply trying to offer up ideas like others are. and i also think us offering to move is a step in the right direction. if a few other squads decided to move problem solved for everyone. if you took this the wrong way thats kewl. but what i tried to do here was offer a solution everyone can live with. and i offered up my squad as the first to go in the event of change. this may be out of the norm here, but we are just as tired of whining and hearing the whines as you all are. we are simply trying to do something about it.

will no other squads volunteer to move? its not like your commited or anthing if you decide to. thats why i started this post...to see who would be willing to move. i think its a big step in resolving this standoff against the FORS and the AGAINSTS and the people who could care less but have an opinion. if no one is willing to move then this thread is a bust. but the problems will still remain.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 03:02:38 PM by dragoon »

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Another idea
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2004, 03:14:26 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
LOL When the game balances there is no restricitions to "lift". :D

your right :) problem is the game isnt balancing. now we have the same mass of rooks slightly upset to say the least. and a few nits are as well. its not limited to the rooks now. IMO this isnt working as intended. its hard to say if it will in time though. but gut reaction is that it will not.

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
Another idea
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2004, 03:26:01 PM »
Originally posted by XtrmeJ
Problem? I see no problem. Im neautral. I could go perfectly fine with the new implementation, and I could do fine without it. I tend to see a few more early war planes, thats pretty cool. Gotta look on the bright side of things, it's not all that bad. Maybe hop the fence sometime and come join us folk who are enjoying the game instead of bashing every "change" that is made.

personally, i wouldnt mind jumping a fence. im sure you can understand that our squad is made up of freinds upon friends who have pretty much been rooks for ages, and alot of them love to fly disbled planes. its just not that easy to skip country. on a lighter note though, i am having fun with the exceptions of restrictions. we are flying different planes and getting alot of kills. my personal planeset is not limited to the la7 or n1k although i fly them alot. when ya want a non perked speed ride the laffer is premo. there are those who love to turnfight at slow speeds and there are those who love to fight at 400+ mph.

please dont midunderstand xtrmej. we are not bashing every game change made. just the one. i think the patch was a great patch with the exception of you know what.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Another idea
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2004, 08:53:20 PM »
Originally posted by dragoon
your right :) problem is the game isnt balancing. now we have the same mass of rooks slightly upset to say the least. and a few nits are as well. its not limited to the rooks now. IMO this isnt working as intended. its hard to say if it will in time though. but gut reaction is that it will not.

Oh I see. You are looking for an overnight cure to everyones ailments and wishs. There is none. Anything that is done or is going to be done in the future concerning this will either take time or will completely disrupt the established player base. In other words if a quick cure is forced upon the players a lot will be lost and have to be built back up. I hate to see that happen to the players who have been around for a while, came to AH for the game it is and have stayed, payed their dues, then end up with a game that is not of their liking and have to leave.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------