Author Topic: Canadian Convic Safe House  (Read 243 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Canadian Convic Safe House
« on: August 18, 2004, 10:06:56 AM »

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:15:06 AM »
The guy mentioned in the article only had a 2nd degree murder conviction, so he wouldn't have gotten the death penalty even in the US.

Why are people shocked that a convicted murderer is more likely to commit murder than is a law-abiding citizen?

ra

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 10:25:31 AM »
Who is shocked? I was amazed at the bottom part about "several" murders being linked to the residents of the house.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 10:29:57 AM »
I am still bummed about the pig farm issue in East Vancouver...
 Floriduh had  tried the halfway house release program, and it failed miserably... I as a business manager would have at least one employee that was from early release or whatever you call it all the time and 10 out of 10 times they would fail the release criteria by either repeating their convicted offence or similiar...
 The last straw for me was being awaken at 2:00am from a drunken binge on Sat night to a dispatcher asking me to meet the police at work, they had caught my early release worker robbing the business. If I had pressed charges he would serve at least 10 years at Raiford, I chose to not make that call and let him go... I didn't want to watch my back for the rest of my life...
 But it is a feel good social program that no one seems to understand fails until people pay the price..

IKON

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 10:44:52 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Who is shocked? I was amazed at the bottom part about "several" murders being linked to the residents of the house.

I wasn't referring to you, but to the people in the article.