Author Topic: ToD Explanation  (Read 1311 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
ToD Explanation
« on: August 18, 2004, 09:03:45 AM »
OK, I know I should know this already, but I can't remember reading a description of Tour of Duty (ToD). Could someone kindly (or unkindly) point me to a thread where it is explained? Please?

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
ToD Explanation
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 01:30:11 PM »
Don't know of any links, but I saw an article once that said it was more of a mission based game.  Score works more on a team effort than on an individual one and if your mission is a success or failure.  This is not a lot of info and I don't know how accurate, but that's all I have ever seen about it.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
ToD Explanation
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 01:50:10 PM »
from my basic understand.  it is like il2 pilot career mode.  you fly for a country.  get medals promoted, etc.  Except now it is online.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
ToD Explanation
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 12:27:59 PM »
Don't quote me but this is my understanding of TOD.
You get two possible 'players' or characters. This will be very historical so I assume only two sides so 1 characteer per side.
You do have to go thru pilot training to be active, 99.9% of the regulars should have no trouble completing this. Once your flying, possibly also driving, you move up in rank and get judged on mission results, not necessarily how many kills, etc. that you get. You break off from the mission and freelance, a penalty will be payed. Penalty as in not a successful mission and no medals, promotions, etc. not a loose your perks penalty. This character will have one life and if you die you will have to go through Training again and start over. It will be all mission based and they will start at certain times, as an example say every 1, 1.5 or 2 hours. The game will use AI pilots to fill all mission slots if they are not all filled by humans. These missions will not be player made but host generated I believe.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
ToD Explanation
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 06:29:35 AM »
Any news on tod?
I think it was discussed on the convention, but i have not heard any official news as of when it is planed to be released or if its cancelled?

ciao schutt

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
ToD Explanation
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 10:01:42 AM »
Yes it was discussed at the Convention and, although work has been started on it, HTC is concentrating on getting AH2 stable before focusing their full attention on it.  Don't forget, they are a very small company and until AH2 is more stable, most of their efforts are going to be focused on that.  Tour of Duty will come - though it may be a little more than "two weeks" *  :)

*Please note, the phrase "two weeks" is used in jest and  should not be taken literally - it is a long-standing joke, going back to the early days of Air Warrior, and in practice can mean anything from 2 hours to 2 years!  :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun