Author Topic: The problem with overblown expectaions of future units & other thoughts  (Read 3235 times)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
The problem with overblown expectaions of future units & other thoughts
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
karnak... my point remains.... you are incorrect... adding early war planes at this point and with the idiotic perk system in place instead of a fair system.... is not viable.   The early war planes will be useless.   They need to compete with contemporarries not circus freak dweeb rides.

Perk points just make planes unused.   They pin a target on the dweebs with the fragile egos that would fly em and embarrass the guys who like parity so..... put even 7 perk points on  a plane and it becomes useless... put 200 on and the ego impared will have even less reason to risk their precious reps... The fair minded will shun them even more..  Who does that leave to fly em?
lazs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
The problem with overblown expectaions of future units & other thoughts
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2001, 11:59:00 AM »
lazs,

I am not overly fond of the perk system either, and I wish that I could say that I know of a viable alternative.  The best one that I have seen is a simple rolling planeset, however that system seems to send many people into hysterics.

You are distorting the effect od the 7 point perk.  The F4U-1C still gets plenty of use, it had 10,392 kills last tour.  I would hardly call that useless.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-