Author Topic: Vote Landslide Bush or You're Fired!  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Vote Landslide Bush or You're Fired!
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2004, 11:35:46 PM »
Sorry I can't be more on point than I have tried.  I offer one lasting parting try though.

Bush is Hitler.  Just as RPM has stated, it's all his fault.

Elect Kerry and everything will be better.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2004, 11:36:45 PM »
Something for anyone that is an employee of a buisness to remember.

The sole reason for your being an employee is to help your employer make money.
The moment you are not assisting and conributing in that goal, or the moment by your actions deliberate or otherwise you put your employer in a position where you cost them more money to keep you then you are making them or costing them buisness and thus costing them money.
Then you have outlived your usefulness
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2004, 11:38:33 PM »
There ya go...

Cry about it..

No... I mean... Blame someone... Say something... Be sarcastic no matter how disconnected it is. Say it often. Whatever it is. It just might stick.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2004, 11:38:49 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Was it legal? I'm not sure about that...

But so what.

There's two dozen things you could have said about all of it... And you choose this.

I think WV is an at will employment state, as long as they didnt fire him for racial or sexual reasons etc then its their legal right.

I'm curious what did you want me to say?

I allready said that I think they should not have fired him..

Personally I think you are stupmed by that and have nothing clever to say so you are just talking jibberish. :)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2004, 11:40:11 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
This is George Bush's America.

I cant wait for him to steal another election! I hope he does in 2008 too!

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2004, 11:40:38 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Drunky your analogies still don't hit the mark. This guy was fired not for anything other than the fact that the client disagreed with this guy's views.

Had nothing to do with anything else.

Nah, I'll try again.

The client provided tickets to the company.  A company employee went to the client's presidential rally and presented himself as against the client's customer.

The client is upset.  Understandably so.  The company says to the anti-presidential employee, "We gave you those tickets and you absolutely knew what they were to and you decided this was your forum to 'express' yourself.  You showed extremely bad decision making ability and have embarassed our company to our client.  You are the weakest link.  Goodbye."

If you cannot see the link then I cannot express it any clearer.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2004, 11:44:09 PM »
Are people actually debating this?  Good God.  If someone abused my faith and goodwill by heckling the president with tickets I gave to him, I'd beat the holy motherloving **** out of him long before he was fired.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2004, 11:47:05 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Something for anyone that is an employee of a buisness to remember.

The sole reason for your being an employee is to help your employer make money.
The moment you are not assisting and conributing in that goal, or the moment by your actions deliberate or otherwise you put your employer in a position where you cost them more money to keep you then you are making them or costing them buisness and thus costing them money.
Then you have outlived your usefulness

BS.

Well.... true... but.... simplistic.

Because there's lotsa ways to make your company money. It's clear that not all of them fall within acceptable boundries. Some are downright illegal, as we're well aware.

So your logic is completely FUBAR, if it is in fact in the service of trying to make a point.

This is what I'm saying... Because again this is exactly the kinda thinking brought to bear on such issues over and over again and it is mind numbingly.... what word can I use?

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2004, 11:50:46 PM »
And BTW, rpm's title 'Vote Landslide Bush or You're Fired' is a little off topic.

Ban rpm.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2004, 11:55:02 PM »
Originally posted by Drunky
"We gave you those tickets and you absolutely knew what they were to and you decided this was your forum to 'express' yourself.

God forbid that stump speech sales pitches should resemble any form of public debate or resemblance to democracy as we knew it.

Next thing ya know folks will be required to show up in cheerleader outfits.

Ya know... Who cares which side is which. I cannot believe you are bothered by people expressing their opinion. I can almost garuntee you that Lincon got heckled. And that Lincon answered back. WTF is wrong with this - you're falling asleep.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2004, 12:07:49 AM »
How did they know who he worked for? sounds sorta Hooverish.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2004, 12:16:09 AM »
It's simple Nash.  The guy threatened the relationship between his employeer and THEIR (his) client.  Therefore, he offended the client AND the employer.  Whats retarded?  Whats not to understand?  The doofus offended at least two parties that provide (at least partially) his freeking paycheck.

See, I figure there's more to the story than some ultra melon firing off his cakehole at some event and getting fired over it.  The incident at the event was (likely) simply the last in a string of ultra melon displays this guy pulled.

But, Freedom of Speech still does not free you to "say what you want, where you want, when you want".  Plenty of folks don't get that.  As a matter of fact, lots of people take a mile when you give them an inch.  Oh well, thankfully, the only people hurt by the inability or refusal to understand this is.. well, see above.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2004, 12:17:46 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
How did they know who he worked for? sounds sorta Hooverish.

LOL! Great post.

Here you clearly assumed that the Bush campaign officials got him fired.

Why did you want  to make that assumption when the article explicitly said that the client who ultimately gave this employe the ticket through the company got embarassed by his behavior and went to complain to the company... Then the company fired him.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2004, 12:34:32 AM »
Originally posted by Tumor
It's simple Nash.  The guy threatened the relationship between his employeer and THEIR (his) client.  Tumor

That's basically it.... What everyone's been saying.

And okay, sure.

This guy was fired because his limp wristed bosses wouldn't tell their client that they were being a bunch of pansies about it.

Which, OKAY, I understand - you don't have to tell me that again.... and YEAH there may be laws protecting such sissyness.... But what are you doing? Who cares? This is cool with you?

Geeze...

Whatever made you think this kinda thing is okay? Not a ring I'd wanna throw my hat into.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2004, 12:45:54 AM »
Yep the company caved into their client's anger. Thats the only issue in this particular case.