Author Topic: Best Climb Speed Con't for Nashwan  (Read 10852 times)

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Best Climb Speed Con't for Nashwan
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »
In the NetAces graph the FW-190A5 uses 1.42 ata at WEP which is accurate.  I just can't find anything on the FW-190A5 being able to use it for more than 3 minutes (jagd-einsatz's).  

I suspect though that it was cleared for 30 minutes and attempting to confirm this.

Crumpp

Offline justin_g

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2004, 12:19:05 PM »
I think it was the same aircraft - they refer to it as a G-3 but it was weighted to A-5 spec. The test im after is a different one - not comparitive, it only deals with the Fw 190.

Btw, the graph above should have a blue line for the A-5, for some reason a file I uploaded previously with a mistake in the climbrate for the Spitfire still shows up for me(A-5 line is grey on that one). Refreshing the page seems to alternate between the two, lol. :confused:

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2004, 12:25:14 PM »
Btw, the graph above should have a blue line for the A-5, for some reason a file I uploaded previously with a mistake in the climbrate for the Spitfire still shows up for me(A-5 line is grey on that one).

It's easy to read.  Point is the gap is not that large.

Crumpp

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2004, 06:33:11 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Yeah and there are TWO graphs posted.  I suppose in your little mind that was bad question huh?

The FW-190 equals the Spitfire in some altitude bands and in some outclimbs the Spitfire Merlin 61. In other the Spitfire outclimbs the FW-190.  

Start plotting some individual climb rates and you will see.

The rates only a vary a little bit.  

The Merlin 61 was not an outstanding climber like it's older brother the Merlin 66 (+25).  It was just average.

Crumpp

I took the best numbers for the A-8. :eek:

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2004, 06:42:50 PM »
Milo,

You are so blinded by your absolute fandom.  You and Izzy are cut from the same cloth on opposite sides of the coin.

Shame too.  You probably have some good things to contribute that your crappy personality just covers up.

Obviously you have no clue what I am refering too in this.

Let me spell it out.

At all times if the FW-190 stays at 250mph it can Leave the Spitfire behind in the climb.

The angle and speed vary with altitude, the closer the gap the higher an angle and lower speed the FW can climb.  For some altitudes the FW-190 can simply just outclimb the Spitfire at its best speed/angle.

;)  

Crumpp
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 06:44:52 PM by Crumpp »

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2004, 07:26:07 PM »
Crumpp :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  :(

Just for the RECORD and read real carefully:

Not in any particular order, my favourite a/c are those of  Kurt Tank, the Tempest and the F4U Corsair. :p

Oh, and Justin's graph has the A-8 with the use of 1.58ata only out-climbing the Spitfire below ~2500ft.