Author Topic: Help pages  (Read 649 times)

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
Help pages
« on: February 01, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »

We've added more information to our help pages including write ups and performance charts on the P51-D, F4U-1D and F4U-1C.
 http://www.hitechcreations.com/help.html  

You may also now download a zipped Word document off of our downloads page that has the default key commands, dot commands, and explanations of the view system and radio.  It's basically an updated version of Indian's document.

Please let me know if the information on the help page is useful and in an easy-to-navigate format.  I'd like to have your feedback.

Ronni

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Help pages
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
Very Nice!

Ask for a raise!  

Hang

PS: What?? No performance data on the sheep??? *smack*.. oh, umm... sorry.  

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 02-01-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Help pages
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2000, 12:16:00 AM »
Ronnie is this word or wordpad. I ask becuase Word doesnt work all the time in wordpad. Other then that they look good. Kinda like mine, makes me feel uneeded now. Misses indian gunna hate you now have more time to kill badguys.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Help pages
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2000, 12:35:00 AM »
Very nice indeed.

Didn't know about the flaps thingie in Hog. Please add pages with such tricks for other planes ASAP !

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
Help pages
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2000, 07:57:00 AM »

Indian, it's in Word.  I opened it in WordPad and it looked alright, so if anyone has any problems, please let me know.

Hristo, we'll continue to add info on all of the other planes until the list is complete.  I'll post whenever we make an addition.

Thanks,
Ronni

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Help pages
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2000, 10:51:00 AM »
Nice Help page Ronni.

In particular I like the aircraft descriptions and attributes.

A couple of suggestions though.

1.) Swap the X and Y axis on your performance graphs. In just about every performance chart I have ever seen, altitude is on the Y axis, and yours is on the X.  It makes things look really funny. It should be a easy change in Excel.

2.) Add another performance chart that plots Turnrates (degrees/sec) vs Altitude for a 360 degree turn at cornerspeed. This gives pilots an idea of the relative turning ability of their aircraft.

3.) Add an instantaneous rollrate vs Speed chart for each aircraft.

4.) Add an acceleration vs speed chart for each aircraft.

5.) Fuel consumption numbers would be real nice too. You currently have the manifold/rpm settings for cruise, max, etc. but you don't have the actual gallons per hour fuel consumption for each of those settings. This would be nice so that pilots can plan missions and figure out how much fuel would be required.

6.) And last but certainly not least   Please provide us with the raw data in a spreadsheet format, that you used to make these charts.  This is so that if we are doing an aircraft comparison, we can chart multiple aircraft on the same chart ourselves. Realistically, I can take your charts and digitize the data from them, but this is time consuming and imparts a small degree of error.

With the additional charts, pilots will have all the necessary data to chose their aircraft wisely. Speed and Climbrate are very important, but turnrate, acceleration, rollrate are all just as important.

Great Work, and I hope my suggestions help out.  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
Dicta Verm: "Never give the suckers an even break!" or translated "Never engage without an advantage"

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
Help pages
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2000, 03:51:00 AM »
> I'd like to have your feedback.

First, Ronni, thanx for the excellent work!     I can see you've been busy, there's a lot of info there so if I suggest something that's already covered, I apologize ...

On to the suggestions:  

- I'm still using Indian's Word doc, since he had his set up for two columns.  If the "official" one was two columns it would probably replace his for me.

- In the Word help doc, I did not see the Alt-I to toggle friendly icons from name to plane & back, I would suggest it as an addition to be considered.

- Multiple USB controller support was added in the latest version (a big <Salute!> and Thanx!), but it looks like I need someone to lead me by the hand to understand Pyro's Note: If you have CH USB rudders, they show up as a throttle rather than rudder input so you have to map the joystick input throttle to AH input rudder.  If you added it to the Help section I could get my CH USB Pro Pedals working without the public humiliation of asking here on the boards ... ooops, wait, it's too late ...