Author Topic: AH vs WB3 graphics...  (Read 388 times)

Morbid

AH vs WB3 graphics...
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2000, 06:46:00 PM »
i was just tryin to whip up some argument between AH and WB3
my post was a bit of a troll

Dotsie, you said it all for me.

i suggest you never try set up a bussines

Already have one. And FYI, I don't expect anyone to buy my stuff because they feel sorry for me or anything of the sort. Also FYI if anyone is unhappy with my stuff I'll refund their money in an instant. Never had anyone take me up on it.

Nope Dotsie, my comments stand and you, by your own hand, admit you were trolling. If you will re-read my post, I said that I think real discussion is fine. You, however, were trying to stir the pot by posting inuendo.

We WWII sim flyers have caused a lot of grief for the people who provide this recreation for us. You need only look at the knee-jerk reaction that was forced on iEN with the gunnery change not so long ago. There are way too many pissy posters on this and Argo's board IMO. We act like a bunch of babies and franky I'm sick of it.

If there is a bug, post it in the proper forum. If there is a prospective improvement, mention it by all means. Legitimate comparisons - sure.

But keep the trolling off the board. All it does is stir up trouble.

Offline Flacke

• Zinc Member
AH vs WB3 graphics...
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »

Hi Morbid    Thanks for your level-headed and fair comments regarding our beloved flight-sims. Both companies are trying their best to give us a great product, I'm sure. I agree that it's to everyones advantage to encourage BOTH of them. We will all win that way. Keep Flying.

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
AH vs WB3 graphics...
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2000, 08:33:00 PM »
I sure hope both companies prosper, especially since I really like Dawn of Aces so plan to keep my iEN account.  However, I prefer AH to WB, except for the fact that AH doesn't presently have any "historical" scenarios running.  Until they do I plan on doing the WB ones.

I'm glad we have choices.  

Offline Yak

• Zinc Member
AH vs WB3 graphics...
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
Kiiiiiii!  Tern Lives!

<S> Tern, Hangtime  

Good to see you guys are still around, somewhere.

As to the original topic of this thread:

That zeke model was bought by iEN, and used in a commercial engine.  According to Hotseat, the zeke actually looks better in the WB 3.0 engine.  WBs currently allows about 600 polygons per plane.  3.0 will allow for 6000+ polygons per plane, which is why it can model a zeke like the one above.  The graphics should look considerably better than AH's current set, _IF_ and _WHEN_ 3.0 is released.

I don't know what the poly limit on HT's current graphics engine is.  It looks a bit better than Warbirds, but I doubt it allows for more than 1,000 polys per AC.

Yak