Author Topic: Where`s the Challenge?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
I reported this more than a month ago, and no one moved a finger to stop it. There are a bunch of a****les that only like to take undefended fields. I also asked for the invulnerability of an 0-member country. Again noone moved a finger.

Is as clear as that rookies and bishcuits only can win us if they gangbang, or they come at "unusual" hours.

I resent the above remark very much.    I am a ROOK Fighter pilot first and foremost.  Only recently have I taken up the disreputable task of vulching.  
As far as 'taking empty fields" goes... With the FEW people that actually cooperate in AH, that seems the safest thing to do.  And, I have witnessed ALL sides doing it, not just the Rooks and Bishops.  
This is EXACTLY why I dislike the "more than two sides/countries" in any multiplayer game.  Both sides have exactly the same aircraft and vehicles available at ALL TIMES.  
All that makes Aces High into is an ARCADE game.  Good flight model yes.  But same country planes flying against and shooting each other down...?  Rarely, even in history did that ever happen.
AH is an arcade game, with WW2 planes.  It is nothing more than that, period.  

Thank you for the opportunity to whine.  

------------------
Tern
"Live to Fly!  Fly to Fight!  Fight to Live!"

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2000, 05:08:00 PM »
Weazel..

When im om late night i find its the guys who cant fly fighters that are buffin & capturing fields. Allthough a pain in the butt, it what they do best,because they cant fight.

Remember,this isnt the only sim that has guys who cant fly fighters.

------------------

-= Death From Behind =-

[This message has been edited by Wardog (edited 03-31-2000).]

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »
Give up trying to WIN the game, you really can't.  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »
Oh come on WD,,,,   be a bit nicer huh?  

You KNOW I'm a horrendously bad fighter Jock.
Though I do tend to NOT buff when I'm on late at night.

<S>

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

Offline Brazos

• Zinc Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2000, 01:23:00 PM »
Not arcade Tern,

Fantasy. Can't call this sim arcade like, as the planes are difficult to learn. But imo, it's a fantasy arena, and that's been a good thing for over a decade. I clammer for realism too, but realise the need for a quick fight in a plane you love. Even with best intentions, restrictions like the RPS, two sided battles, no icons, etc, reduce the instant fun factor. The challenge is in learning dogfighting skills and working with your wingmen. Bombing, strat, everything else is secondary. Scenarios are the place to practice more in-depth battles imo.

funked

Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2000, 01:37:00 PM »
Wardog you gotta be kidding.  

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2000, 02:10:00 PM »
Not kidding at all. Not everyone flys fighters Funked,you know that from your WB flyin time. Some guys just like buffin.

Now why would you think im kidding?

And Grey,we allways have a good fight and i enjoy it <S>

Funked,just fly  

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
Where`s the Challenge?
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2000, 09:09:00 PM »
hi again:

would like to point out again that what i beleive weazel to be saying is that when there is no rooks, bishops, knights on line, please pick any one team you perfer. let me see if i can say what i think weazel is saying.

you come on line, there are 10 rooks online, 10 bishops on line, ( i am a knight so i use these as examples) you look at the map and knights have two or three base's left, why you wounder, either rook or bishop has been attacking because nobody there to stop them. not all rook or bishop. both side are fighting each other but some pilots are going for easy capture, the queston is why, what is the challange, or are you hopping that when the knights do start showing up you can brag about how good you are, evrybody knows your a dweeb and dont care what you have to say.

now thats what i think weazel is saying here, not that rooks, bishops, or knights are sneaking into a base well all its defenders are busy else where, if you can sneak into a base that has 50 defenders busy else where and are not watching, great jod on your part.

blue skies all