Author Topic: Personall skin for top 10# fighter pilots  (Read 357 times)

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
Personall skin for top 10# fighter pilots
« on: August 24, 2004, 04:54:53 PM »
The RedBaron had a red plane, so why could not the aces in this game get their own personall skin for their favorite plane :D

Would be cool (?) for those say top 10# fighter pilots, to fly around in a eg. Red plane, scaring all us bad pilots lifeles before even fireing at us :rofl

Or maybe say, that the top #10 gets access to a specific LA5, P40 or other medium good plane with a special scary skin.

Oh but that would not be historical :o

Or kinda historical, but from wrong war :rolleyes:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 05:17:32 PM »
[list=1]
  • Ranking in Aces High has little to do with skill. Do a search for old threads regarding this.
  • Why should we reward pilots that are ranked low? It encourages more timid flying in a growing sea of 'One pass, haul prettythang' lack of engagments.
  • Don't we all want new aircraft, ToD, and new ideas (like subs that HT mentioned)? Why should they waste time helping those without lives to stroke their fragile egos?
  • [/list=1]
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Stone

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:47:10 AM »
Top #10 fighter rank from last month:
yAnCyA13, MANDOBLE, Schlep, Taki, WinGZero, Blade, crowMAW, OverBKil, HUM and kappa.

I can not agree with your description of these gentlemen....

Originally posted by Delirium
[list=1]
  • Ranking in Aces High has little to do with skill. Do a search for old threads regarding this.
  • Why should we reward pilots that are ranked low? It encourages more timid flying in a growing sea of 'One pass, haul prettythang' lack of engagments.
  • Don't we all want new aircraft, ToD, and new ideas (like subs that HT mentioned)? Why should they waste time helping those without lives to stroke their fragile egos?
  • [/list=1] [/B]

I dont excpect HTC to actually do this, it was just a fun thought, thats all.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 12:57:58 AM »
No disrespect to the pilots you've mentioned, but frankly, some of them, don't really fit under my personal standards of 'great pilots'.

I'd rather find someone like hblair a really respectable AH pilot. His personal skill was everybit as capable as the "top10" rank of pilots, and yet he never hesitated to do the jobs needed to be done. Thus, his rank was always something like 300~400 among all the players.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 01:50:36 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
No disrespect to the pilots you've mentioned, but frankly, some of them, don't really fit under my personal standards of 'great pilots'.

I'd rather find someone like hblair a really respectable AH pilot. His personal skill was everybit as capable as the "top10" rank of pilots, and yet he never hesitated to do the jobs needed to be done. Thus, his rank was always something like 300~400 among all the players.

Ranking highly in fighter doesn't mean timidity. All ranking highly requires is time, skill, and the dedication to fly strictly as an air-to-air fighter when on a fighter sortie. If you have alot of time, alot of skill, and can discipline yourself not to strafe ground targets and take-off from cap'd fields on a fighter sortie , there's no reason anyone can't rank rather highly (in the top 100 which = top 5% roughly) if they so desire.

Just from memory, I don't think any of those top 10 pilots that were mentioned had even a 10 to 1 K/D ratio (except Mandoble possibly), most didn't even have a 5 to 1 K/D ratio. Timidity is NOT the answer to achieving a high fighter rank.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 01:55:29 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 02:00:32 AM »
Not really.. I strafe GVs and stuff in fighter mode, and I'm ranked fairly high usually.  Don't take off at vulched fields, though, that one is a fairly important one if you are going for rank

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 02:04:24 AM »
Karnak Taki is a wounder worker in a Spit9.  WingZero is the same thing except in a Nik, Kappa well we know kappa.;)  Man is a Fw miracle.  OverBkill is good also.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 02:17:32 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Not really.. I strafe GVs and stuff in fighter mode, and I'm ranked fairly high usually.  

That's only because you have an unusually high hit % in fighter, your fighter rank doesn't suffer like someone with a very average 5-7% hit % would for strafing those Gv's while on a 'fighter' sortie. You have long since reached the point of diminishing returns with regard to hit %, the average person has not.

Dumping 5% of yer Godly 15% hit % would still keep you in the top 100 in hit %. The average vet with a 7% hit % who drops 5% of it strafing ground targets suddenly plumets from top 250 to only top 1000 in hit %, destroying his fighter rank in the process, making it virtually impossible for him to rank in the top 100 in fighter overall no matter how stellar his other 'fighter sub-ranks are.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 01:26:25 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 02:25:14 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Karnak Taki is a wounder worker in a Spit9.  WingZero is the same thing except in a Nik, Kappa well we know kappa.;)  Man is a Fw miracle.  OverBkill is good also.

I think you mean Kweassa, not Karnak...