Author Topic: LOL, Eskimo  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 05:37:20 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
I see that! Again ;) , What part of ACROSS THE BOARD do you not understand either?

you mean across the boards, like you've done with several topics?

:p
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 05:55:22 PM »
yeap

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2004, 01:15:19 PM »
From eskimo:
"Someone can rank #1 in fighters in the CT in just one sortie because the vast majority of CT stats pretty much suck (compared to the MA). If a guy like Fester were to drop in during the right set up and at the right time, he’d probably rank #1 after a sortie or two. There just are not enough players to make points critical to having a good score. There are probably a hundred MA guys who could pop in to the CT and rank #1 overall in just a few hours…"

I tend to disagree. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the average pilot in the CT is a much dangerous one than in the MA.
Some very good sticks hang around in the CT, and Fester, no more than anyone, is NOT invincible.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
What part of rank #1 "ACROSS THE BOARD" did you not understand? Sure, you can come in and fly a few sorties, get a few kills and not play for the rest of the month :rolleyes:

which part OF MY POST did you not understand?

if you READ my post AGAIN you will SEE that i am AGREEING that you CANNOT RANK 1 ACROSS THE BOARD WITHOUT SCOREWHORING.  i MERELY STATED that you can be #1 in fighter and possibly attack BUT NOT BOMBER OR GV.

Ignoramus.

Originally posted by Furball
Can rank 1 in fighter without score whoring, and possibly attack.  Gv's and bombers are another matter.

oh. and for effect... :rolleyes:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2004, 02:17:03 PM »
Toss the top scorer alone in a dogfight against Furbie, Shane and Ack-Ack :D

(The nastiest ones I remember in a quick glance)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 02:55:07 PM »
Toss the top scorer alone in a dogfight against Furbie, Shane and Ack-Ack  

Anytime:aok   ( im not really a "top scorer" though)

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 04:29:58 PM »
Bah, Furbs ain't nuthin'.

:D
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2004, 04:51:08 PM »
Originally posted by DJ111
Bah, Furbs ain't nuthin'.

Deej! i am your faaathaar! :D

and thanks Angus, although i kinda sux now because i rarely play!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2004, 05:11:42 PM »
What do I not do for an old squaddie ;)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2004, 06:48:17 PM »
Originally posted by Angus
From eskimo:
"Someone can rank #1 in fighters in the CT in just one sortie because the vast majority of CT stats pretty much suck (compared to the MA). If a guy like Fester were to drop in during the right set up and at the right time, he’d probably rank #1 after a sortie or two. There just are not enough players to make points critical to having a good score. There are probably a hundred MA guys who could pop in to the CT and rank #1 overall in just a few hours…"

I tend to disagree. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that the average pilot in the CT is a much dangerous one than in the MA.
Some very good sticks hang around in the CT, and Fester, no more than anyone, is NOT invincible.

LOL, everyone accuses me of being nothing but a score potato, then they don’t believe I know much about it?
Just this tour I ranked # 1 overall and spent less than 4 hours in Fighter, Bomber & GV modes combined.

Looking back a few tours, I’ve ranked #3 in fighters in less than 8 MINUTES; that’s right, less time than it takes most folks to get to alt in one sortie.  The CT ranks are NOT competitive.  Four other Tours I’ve ranked between #3 and #7 in fighters in 27 to 45 minutes.
In bombers I’ve ranked from #1 to #4 in 30 to 60 minutes repeatedly.
I like GVs and like tank fights, so I spend more time purely playing for fun than whoring. I have, however, ranked very high in an hour or two.  #1 GV rank in the CT could be potatod in less than an hour.

A lot of guys in the MA are way more serious about score, and have enough skill to rank well.  Sure, the average CT player may be a better pilot than the average MA guy, but the MA has 10 to 30 times the number of players and many of those players spend a lot more time playing.  The best MA players are way better than the average MA player.  If the top 30 MA guys wanted to fight for best rank in the CT, they’d find it to be a cake walk, I know.  

If I can rank #1 with little effort, so could a bunch of MA guys.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2004, 08:20:53 PM »
This chart illustrates my point exactly.

Compare these single sortie (vulch) tours from the CT and MA.
Their K/Ds and K/Ss are identical.
K/T is nearly Identical.
Hit % is much higher in the CT, but is insignificant since MA Hit % rank is still at #20.
Points in the MA sortie are almost exactly triple the CT points due to the hitting power and big clip of the Chog Hispanos.  In spite of the very high points for a single sortie, the ending MA rank is pushed all the way to #150.  Too many MA players shoot down a heck of a lot of planes to make it possible to rank very high in the MA in just one or two sorties.

eskimo

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
LOL, Eskimo
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2004, 08:46:41 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
Deej! i am your faaathaar! :D

No wonder I'm so ugly!

I hate you!!!

:mad:

:D
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.